Sink or Swim

Mackenzie's POV
Just remember....Abby's watching you for nationals....remember the 4 C's: Cool, Calm, Collected, Confident...Remember the aerial after the...TOO MUCH TO REMEMBER I'M ONLY NINE!!! No....keep calm, oh look! I'm up next...oh boy, here we go....Millions of thoughts ran through my mind, then suddenly I walked on stage in my red leotard with my hair in high pigtails. Let's do this.
I strut onstage and waited for the music to start. The music starts and I begin the choreography Abby showed me, 3 aerials in a row. I push off. One... I do it again. Two.... One more time. THREE! After the aerials I keep going. I dance through the song, doing all the tricks and moves I was given. After finishing my solo I walked backstage, grabbed my water and jacket and went back to our changing room to get ready for the group number. I was nervous and excited to also see Maddie's duet because I didn't watch them during rehearsal.

ok AGAIN i'm sorry this is so short, please remember i was in middle school and had no idea what to write. also the point of the chapter was about her solo so i didn't want to overdo any description when there's also videos to watch that can just show you what i'm trying to talk about. i wanted to provide a small glimpse into their head right before or during them performance because that's sometimes more important than the performance itself. as always, ty for reading :)