Can I have a solo?

Scarlet's POV
All the girls went in to stretch while all the moms, including me, had gone to the upstairs room to watch the girls practice. Miss Abby had started with solos today and while all the girls had performed their solos I had watched Destiny. She was watching them practice with a hint of sadness in her eyes, I could tell she wanted to do a solo. Nobody in room was talking so I decided to start the conversation.
"If you wanted to ask for a solo, how would you do it?" I asked.
Melissa started with, "Well, if you want to go the path Jill went, you smother her with gifts..." All of them started to laugh while I just stayed quiet. "Or you could just go downstairs and talk to Abby since to be best buddies. Just don't start getting angry and yell because she will hit hard and even punish your daughter, like kicking her out of the group dance for the week. So be careful..."
"Thank you. I'll be back ladies." I got up, took off my shoes and walked into the studio. "Miss Abby??" I slowly walked in, and saw Mackenzie rehearsing her solo with my daughter stretching in the corner, still with a sad face. Suddenly the music stopped.
"Yes Scarlet?"
"I was upstairs and saw that Destiny looked sad, I was wondering if maybe you could giver her a solo...She deserves it and I believe she does want it."
"With all due respect, I have 3 solos, 1 duet and a group dance...can't you just wait until next week."
"Maybe, it's just that I don't like seeing my little girl sad and I wanted to see if I could do anything."
"Well you can't, and little girl? She's 12, let her start to grow up she's almost a teenager."
"I can't? Seriously you can't just add one more solo?? It will increase your chance on an ALDC student being first." I was starting to get angry.
"No, because then I would have 6 numbers going on and that's a lot. It might not seem like a lot but it takes time to practice each solo and perfect them. I have 3 to work on, and Destiny is in the group AND the duet."
"I believe she deserves it, she's a strong dancer and could prove it through the solo."
"She doesn't have to prove it because she has already, much like she doesn't need to be in the duet with Maddie." Oh no she did not...
"She has every right to be in that duet with your precious Maddie!!" I shouted. I was infuriated, because she was pushing down my little girl little by little. Don't yell or fight with her, she'll punish your daughter... Melissa's words were reminding me to stay calm, but my brain pushed them right out my head because I was now determined to get that solo.
"I could just take out that duet all together then she could only be in that group routine, or do I have to take her out of that too to teach you a lesson." She can't and won't. I looked over at Destiny to see her crying. I walked over to her and gave a hug.
"Mom just stop. Let it go....just stop..." She looked at me, then continued to cry.
"Abby, you're making her cry. I will not let you make her cry."
"It is not me, it's you. You are demanding a solo and she wants you to stop. You're too big of an idiot to see it."
Melissa's POV
"You're too big of an idiot to see it." Abby screamed. The fight was really heating up so all the moms ran down and took all the girls and escorted them out of the studio followed by Gianna. I was about to close the door when I saw Destiny be let go by her mom.
"Destiny...come here..." I said, she heard and followed me out. We started to hear curse words from both women.
"THAT'S IT! YOUR DAUGHTER ISN'T IN THE DUET. SHE'S GONNA PAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!"
Scarlet followed with, "IF SHE CAN'T DANCE THEN WE'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!"
"MAYBE YOU SHOULD!!" The fight then ended abruptly, but was replaced by the sounds of crying. Scarlet had stormed out, ran into the dancers' den, grabbed Destiny's bag, came back out, went upstairs to grab her purse and pulled Destiny away from me before heading towards their car. The rest of the team walked back in to see a quiet Abby, her face red.
"Uhm, after that incident I think I'm going to cool off. Gianna, go over the group dance once then you're all free to go for today." She said before standing up and walking outside the studio. The girls went over what they knew in their group dance before everybody packed up and went on their way home.

Weee, I have updated! Hope you enjoyed and I just wanted to say that the end of the book is nearing. Just as a warning, it's going to end very abrupt...sorry, and if asked enough I'll think about making a sequel. Until next time! ~disneysky34 👯