Chapter 20

Erza and Jellal were awoken with a start; Millianna was screaming and making a bunch of noise, which made the two thinking something was wrong.

After they were up and out of bed Millianna explained the reason why she was making so much noise so early in the morning, they groaned and got ready.

They were eating breakfast; which consisted of fresh bread and cheese. "So you're suggesting that we go on a wild goose chase?" Jellal asked skeptically. Simon glared.

"Yes, I am. It's the best solution we've found! Unless you have something better in mind, Your Highness, we've all decided that we're going to do just that!" Simon growled and Jellal grumbled under his breath.

Once again, Jellal was acting differently. Was it because of Simon? She hoped that wasn't the cause and that he was just stressed. But she knew better, though. "I believe that it could work, but we only have two days left; how do you think we'll find an old Mage? He could be anywhere." Erza said, trying to find a time efficient way to find the Mage that would work.

"We were thinking that we should split up into three groups and search in different directions." Millianna finally spoke. "I don't think that we have enough time to do this...... we need a better strategy. Something that is guaranteed to work in less then seventy-two hours." Erza stated, and it was silent around the table.

"Do we have time to go to Magnolia?" Jellal broke the silence and everyone stared at him. "If we had a mount, yes. But why would we go back?" Erza asked and he squinted his eyes. "I know of a place where there is an old magic detector. If it is still opporational, we might just be able to find the Mage." He said and everyone nodded. "It's worth a shot." Wally said, standing up. Soon Millianna, Sho, Simon, Erza and Jellal followed.

They arrived at a stable and asked to rent three horses. It cost about twenty thousand jewel, and they rode off.

Jellal rode with Erza, Millianna rode with Simon and Wally rode with Sho.

In the time lapse of three hours, they were in Magnolia and were speeding off towards the castle, where Jellal said the weapon was.

They jumped off their horses and tied them up and ran into the palace. "Prince Jellal!" A voice called. Jellal turned around just as somebody jumped on him. He staggered back a little, his eyebrows knit in confusion. He then realized who it was and his eyes trailed to Erza, who was feeling angry and sad. He felt it, too.

He pushed the princess of him gently and she gave him a teary questionable glance. "I was so afraid! When the guard came back and told us that you and Erza were no where to be seen, I thought something had happened to you have no idea how worried I was!" She shouted hugging him tightly. "But you're alright." She said and smiled with tears rolling down her face.

He pushed her away again, and Erza cleared her throat.

She felt a pang in her chest, a large lump in her throat at how the two looked together. They looked like a married couple. "We need to see the King." Erza stated standing tall. Ultear glared at her and clung to Jellal. Erza was now filled with fury at how close Ultear was to her Jellal.

They walked towards the throne room where the Kind awaited them. Once the guards opened the door, the Kind opened his eyes and they softened as he gazed upon the two. He let out a relieved sigh. "I had feared...." He started but Jellal cut him off. "We were, captured by Jose, father. But his purpose in doing so is not what you think. He looked over at Erza who nodded. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers.

"...... And he got what he wanted." Jellal said and Ultear glared at Erza. She pressed herself closer to the blue haired prince. "A long time ago, a great danger overtook the world, and two lovers had to create an ultimate weapon with the help of the Goddess of Love, and using this weapon took their lives. There was a cost to using this weapon before they were ready. To keep the weapon safe, the lovers were reborn every time the last pair died, with no memory of any of the past lives. Jose was after Ultear and I, because he knew that I was one of the lovers, and he thought that Ultear was the other, but in reality, it is Erza. He wanted us to resurect his parents, the past lovers, so that they could take over the world, with the weapon." Jellal explained and Ultear had tears streaming down her face. "I knew it......" She mumbled, trailing off.

"But how were they resurected?" The King asked, a hand on his chin. "They were..... ejected from our own souls." He stated and Erza winced at the memory. "We have less then two days to find an old Mage who can tell us how to stop the weapon and its users. But we might have to take out the weapon as well. I want you to find a new heir just in case we don't come back." Jellal stated and Ultear pulled away from him, looking at him with wide eyes.

"W-what do you mean that you might not come back?" She asked, her bottom lip quivering.

"The first lovers that used this weapon died, and we have less then two days to learn how to use it, and if that's the case, and we have to use it, we might die as well. Our enemies have trained and learned over a long period of time on how to use it." Jellal explained, looking at the floor. "But you can't die! We have to get married, a-and bring our counrties together...... And we have to have a child to take your place when you die of old age...... we still have so much to do......" Ultear said as she fell to the ground, tears flowing freely from her face.

Erza took a step forward to comfort her, but stepped back again, knowing that it would only enrage the princess.

It's not fair. She thought, her sadness turning into fury. "It's all your fault!" She screamed, pointing an accusing finger at the scarlet haired maiden. "We were in love! We were happy to have met each other before you came along and had to be the damsel in distress! I knew that I shouldn't have picked you to accompany me! I'll have your head if you make it out! I swear!" She screamed and stood up, running out of the doors, hoping that Jellal would follow; but he didn't.

Jellal had never loved Ultear as much as she loved him, not at all, even. He had never felt any feelings of love towards her. He had considered her a selfish, spoiled, good-for-nothing brat. He still did, in fact. He could feel how her words had hurt Erza, and that only made him angry.

Erza put a hand on his arm, shaking her head. He calmed down, his feelings vanishing. All he wanted was to hold the one he loved close to him and comfort her, never letting go. He knew that they probably had little more time together, and he wanted her to feel happy during that time.

A/N: It's gonna get epic soon! XD I'm so excited I can barely contain it! *rubbing hands together* I just hope you guys won't hate me too much after.......... XD I gave you a hint of something that will happen in the future of this story....... what you think will happen is up to you, but if you think you know, comment and I'll dedicate a chapter to you (if this isn't completed