Chapter 24

Once the light had dimmed down slightly, and Jellal and Erza took the chance to jump out onto Charles who seemed to be the weakest, a shield deflected them and sent them flying into a wall. They fell to the ground, both knealing. 

Charles stood up and gave a wicked grin. Behind him was an illusion of him in the position they'd thought he was currently in. "You may not use magic anymore, but we do. Now isn't that a fair fight?" He asked with an evil laugh.

Erza's eyes widened. Magic? She had never heard of someone who wasn't born a mage learn how to use it before. She stood up and Jellal followed, and they looked up with a fierce look in his eyes. "Clarita! Why aren't you up yet?!" He shouted. "Tch. Figures she'd use up all of her magic power and energy." He said and faced the two. "What a weakling she is." He said with a smirk." Erza's hands tightened around her sword, and she felt her rage getting fuled. 

"Erza, don't. He's trying to get you angry. You'll lose focuse and your movements will be all over the place." He stated putting his arm in front of Erza. She nodded and calmed down, not letting the boiling anger she felt towards him get the best of her. Jellal put his hand back on the hilt of his sword.

They had about ten minutes before Clarita would awaken and they would use the weapon, not to mention when Charles would get to full strength. He was already powerful enough. The couple looked at each other, nodding and getting ready to attack. They would have to work together if they wanted a chance to beat him.

Charles charged at Jellal who blocked his magic with his sword, but Charles used that as a decoy and went to kick him in the back, but Erza blocked it with her sword. She was on one knee, leaning forward. He pulled his foot away as to not get cut, though he was wearing thick leather combat boots.

The pair stood back to back, not leaving Charles an opening. He was gone, and in a flash, was directly in front of Jellal, about to stab him with a knife he had pulled out, but Erza was quicker, and pushed away the blade with a hand, making a cut resembling a paper cut appear. Jellal winced a little but nodded to Erza in silent thanks. 

As the battle continued to rage, Charles only got stronger, or they were getting weaker. Erza panted. Clarita was begining to move, and they knew that they had less than two minutes before she would fully awaken. 

Erza shakily stood, and saw Jellal clash blades with Charles, and they seemed to but equal amount of force on each other. 

She held her blade and started running straight towards them. "Jellal! Duck!" She said and he looked confused before understanding what she meant and did a 'limbo' position as her sword cut through the air where he was previously standing and knock Charles' blade across the room. Before he could recover, Jellal stabbed him in the stomach. He staggered back a little and blood trailed down from his mouth. "You..... defeated me....... how.....?" He asked and Erza answered. "Because we worked together, we have that bond that makes us want to protect the other with the cost of their life, and also a conviction not to let either of us die." 

"I see....... Maybe if I am reborn...... I'll be able to put that advice into.......... action.........." He said and his eyes dulled as he took his final breath, and a moment later his body fell limb. 

Clarita was panting and blood trickled from her mouth again. "Thank you........ you've put me into the path of light once again...... So I may finally be at peace....." She said and smiled at Erza who was sitting on her legs and holding the dying woman's hand. 

"I have one last favour to ask of you...... Please........ kill my son........ He has comitted sins that cannot be forgiven. He disrupted the balance between life and death..... and caused a war.  If he tells anyone else about the weapon....... He might attempt it again....... I beg of you........" She said and coughed, her grip on Erza's hand loosening. Erza nodded. "I-I will..." Erza said and a smile formed on her face. "Good....." And with that her hand dropped to her side. Erza closed Clarita's eyes and stood up.

"Lets go." She said hardly and Jellal put a hand on her shoulder before standing in the middle of the temple. "Are you ready?" He asked and she nodded, taking a deep breath. She said we'd know exactly what to do when the time came, and I think we both know." He said and she nodded. 

They faced each other, and Jellal put a hand over her heart while she did the same to him. They stared into each other's eyes and a magic circle appeared above them and all around them. Erza closed her eyes as tears threatened to fall.

They interlocked both of their hands and held them high, and a large blast of lavender light burst through the roof, all the magic energy that the weapon would have released blasting endlessly into the sky. Five minutes later the light finished, and Erza almost fell, if Jellal hadn't caught her. 

He kissed her and she kissed back, and the temple started crumbling all around them.

A/N: Next chapter is the last, and I don't know if I'll make an epilogue. Do you think that Erza and Jellal are alive or dead? Did they succeed or not? Is the world safe? I'm pretty busy this weekend so I might not be able to update until next Friday. I know, this is the biggest cliffhanger of the story, and I don't know when I'll be able to update. Sorry! XD Hope you enjoyed, Strawberry Patches!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

~Strawberry-chan