Chapter 14

It was quiet before José started walking away, the clanking of his shoes the only sounds in the temple. "You have until the Lunar Eclipse. Then, be prepared for a great amount of pain." He said before making guards detach them, and they too, walked out of the temple. A loud lock was heard being set into motion. Erza ran to Jellal and he embraced her. Both of their eyes were wide, and they didn't need the link they shared to feel scared; both of them were extremely afraid.

"We can't let him resurrect his parents, Jellal....." Erza said, tears in her eyes. "I know..... There are about three days before the lunar eclipse." Jellal said holding Erza tighter. "That means...... On the day of the festival......" She started, trembling. "The dawn of doom will befall the planet." He said and she pulled away. "I know what we have to do..... but I'm scared." She said, trembling. "I am too." He replied and she blinked away the tears in her eyes. "I was trained not to fear death.... so why am I so afraid now?" She asked and he looked into her eyes. "Because you've fallen in love. When you fall in love..... you're afraid of leaving the other behind." He said and closed his eyes.

"But we won't be leaving each other behind. We'll go together..... I never got to see my old friends again.... they thought I was dead..... This whole time...... and I'll never get to see Lucy, Levy, Juvia....... any of them again..... I'll never see the sunset, or taste strawberry cake......" She chuckled and he made her look into his eyes. "But it's for the best of the world. We make a small sacrifice for the world. My dad will be able to find a new heir. Did you know that Laxus, the buff one with blonde hair? He's my nephew. My older brother, Ivan, was supposed to be the heir to the throne, but he committed unforgivable crimes so he was stripped from his title and banned from Magnolia. Laxus would be the next in line, if I didn't have a son or a daughter." He said.

Erza buried her face in his chest. "If we had met earlier, known more about ourselves, how we're the lovers that could bring great doom to the world, but also great prosperity, maybe we could've avoided all of this." She sighed and Jellal smiled. "We could've, but how would be have known? Destiny chose for us to meet at a certain time, which was, the worst time possible, and it didn't want us to know, so we didn't." He chuckled and his chest rumbled against her ear. She laughed softly.

"Are we really going to die? But what if José can resurrect them, even when we're dead? Nobody would be there to stop him. We're the only ones who have the power to stop him." She said and he sighed. "That's a good point. Maybe we should stay alive and do whatever we can to stop him. But if we can't we'll probably be able to defeat, take control of the weapon." He replied and she nodded and pulled away, looking into his eyes.

They slowly leaned in and their lips met each other, the kiss lasting longer and with more passion then their first. They pulled away after a few moments and held each other close. They would wait, together, until it was time for them to stop the gravest enemies the world had ever known.