Chapter 25 ~ Final

The Magnolian army had started walking back to where they came from, the war done and won. However, many were holding stretchers with fellow soldiers on them. One of them held a woman with scarlet red hair, battered armour and a flowing red cape, with a sword placed in her hands above her chest, and another with sky blue hair, equally battered armor, and a flowing blue cape, a larger sword in his hands.

People murmured as they walked back.

"It's over that quickly? But look, the ones who were leading are amongst the wounded. Do you think that they're....... dead?"

"I don't know, but it looks like it. The way they're placed and all." 

"Serves them right for launching a war."

"Shut up! They were protecting the entire world! You should be greatful!"

"Okay, okay! You didn't have to hit me, though!"

As the army continued to approach their home, the gasps and cries got more and more frequent. They finally walked into Magnolia, and rushing feet were heard. 

"No! Not the Prince and Princess!" 

"It can't be! Even the Elite Soldiers were taken down?!"

"Just what exactly happened?! I saw a purple light shoot into the sky for minutes, and then it dissapeared!"

"I hope they aren't dead!"

The soldiers walked in an eerie silence, all looking beaten and sad. Some also looked angry.

In front of the palace, all the stretchers were gently placed on the ground, and every medic came to aid the wounded, and break the news that some were dead."Hurry! The Prince and Princess are in critical condition! Keep in mind that if one dies, the other does as well!" The King boomed, worry etched onto his face.

"I don't know what we can do, My Lord! We've never dealt with condtions like this!" A medic shouted, confusion evident from her tone of voice. People made way as loud footsteps hitting the coblestone ground echoed all around, and a woman with pink hair stepped, shooing the medics out of the way. "Maybe I can help. I said maybe! Don't look at me like that you human scum!" She shouted, kneeling down in front of Jellal, taking a deep breath and putting her hands above his chest.

"What's that supposed to do?!" A medic shouted skeptically. "Shut up and let me concentrate! This is why I hate humans!" She shouted and closed her eyes once again. Her hands started glowing green and she moved her hands slowly from his chest to his forehead, and tapped the air above it, and he jolted.She did it again and he jolted once more. With a bit more force, she did it again and there was no jolt. She hummed as she thought of what to do.

She walked over to Erza and did the same thing, though over the center of her collar bone, and recieved the same reaction that she had from Jellal. She sighed and pulled them closer together, interlocked their hands and rolled Erza on top of Jellal, and made sure that her lips were on his forehead, and after a moment a light green circle was there, though only she could see it. 

She rolled Erza on her back once again and rolled Jellal on his stomach and made sure that his lips were above the center of her collar bone, and the light circle appeared once again. She stood up and faced Makarov.

"Makarov....."

* * * * * * * * * * * *  

Erza's eyes opened and she found herself in Jellal's arms, in a white place, both of them wearing fancy white clothing. She slowly stood up and looked around. Her eyebrow creased. All around her were women and men and she staggered back, tripping on herself and falling backwards. Jellal jumped up and saw her with wide eyes and he looked around, realizing his surroundings. 

He stood next to Erza who had just stood up. Clacking heels were heard behind them and they turned and saw Clarita, coming towards them, hands clasping each other in front of her. Her black hair was tied into a neat braid, and her eyes were blue instead of the dark purple they were before. She wore the same dress, though it too was in white. 

"Welcome." She said with a smile. "Where are we?" Jellal asked, holding Erza's hand out of nervousness. She was standing so close to his side that there wasn't a gap between their bodies. "You are in the lovers' core, or heart, whatever you want to call it. This is where each pair of lovers come after  they die, deep within the soul of the next pair of lovers. Over there, is where we see life and from each lover as well as their thoughts." She said pointing to two screens in the distance that were pitch black. "We can eat, sleep, take baths, etc..... Even if we don't need  to, we stay and look the same forever, but we can change. As long as you imagine what you want, you'll get it. You can imagine a house and everyone will be able to see it. As you  see over there, each pair has their own prefered location, so it's a little mashed up." She said pointing in another direction. She was, in fact, correct. Some house were grand while others small, some in automne will others winter, some in forests and some in cities...... Everyone looked happy. 

"So..... does this mean that we're dead?" Erza spoke for the first time and Clarita gave a sad smile. "I'm afraid so. But I didn't think you two would die destroying the weapon." She said and Jellal squeezed Erza's hand. Maybe death for them wasn't that bad, they would be together forever, living a dream. Though they missed out on living qualities, just having each other was more than enough. 

Erza sighed and gave a weak smile, but then her eyes widened as she felt nauseous, and Jellal felt it too. They looked at each other to see that they were fading. Clarita gave them a wide grin. "I knew it. You two aren't meant to die yet, go back to the place where you belong, and rule the kingdome you were born to do. I'll see you when you come back, in a long, long time from now!" She said and waved as they dissapeared completely. 

* * * * * * * * * * * 

"...... They'll be fine. They should wake up any second now." Porlyusica said as the two's eyes snapped open. They looked at each other and gave a relieved laugh. People looked at them and cheers rang all throughout the city.

Erza hugged Jellal and he hugged her back. When they pulled away, Ultear had arrived. "Prince Jellal!" She said and fell to her knees with tears in her eyes. She hugged him and he awkwardly pushed her away. She looked at him in question and he grabbed Erza's hand. "When my father hears about this, you'll be hung for your crimes, witch." She said and Erza's eyes widened, but Jellal and the King stepped in front of her. 

"You wouldn't be threatening the Princess and soon-to-be Queen of Magnolia, are you, Princess Ultear?" The King said and she stood up abruptly. "You're going to regret this!" She hissed and stomped away. 

Jellal looked back at Erza and gave her a smile. She blushed a little and gave a small smile in return. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"I now declare you King of Magnolia." Makarov said and put the crown on Jellal's bowed head. People clapped and cheered.

Jellal walked up to Erza and asked for her hand in a dance. She smiled and put her hand in his, and he trailed her onto the ballroom dance floor where couples were already dancing away to the slow beat of the music. 

Erza wore a purple gown that went off the shoulders and flowed elegantly to the ground with lighter purple gloves that reached her elbows, her hair in an elegant bun, and her wedding ring glistening in the light.

"How is she?" Jellal asked and Erza grinned. She looked down at her still slim but growing stomach. "She's fine. A bit hyper today, though." She said and gave a small giggle. Jellal turned her around in a circle and grinned. "That's great news. I don't know where she gets the hyperness from." He said and she gave another feminine laugh. "Neither do I." He kissed the top of her hand and she gave him a smile. 

And that closes the story of Erza and Jellal, who will be forever as one. 

A/N: I'm relieved but sad that the book finished. I really enjoyed writing this, and I loved taking the adventure of writing this with you guys. I hope you liked this story, and don't forget to check out my other stories!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

~Strawberry-chan