Chapter 18

Erza woke the next day at around 7:00 AM, but there was not a single trace of Jellal. She got up and changed out of the pyjamas Millianna had lent her and into her now clean clothes, and walked out of the guest bedroom and down the hallway. She saw Jellal and Simon speaking to each other.

"Now listen closely, Your Highness. I don't care if you're royalty, I will hunt you down and pummel you if you even dare make Erza feel bad, let alone take advantage of her. She is a very kind person, and to take advantage of that is unforgivable." Simon growled and held Jellal's collar.

"Do I look like the kind of person to do that? No. And besides, you'd hurt her by hurting me. " Jellal said coldly while glaring. Erza's eyes were wide as she saw the exchanged, and felt glad that Simon cared, but scared at Jellal's reaction. He had never acted so cold. Not once since he met her. She could feel his anger and another feeling that was not her own. It was something she had only felt once before. Jealousy.

Was Jellal jealous? But of who? And of what? Questions were buzzing in her brain that she almost didn't see Jellal heading towards the hall that she was hiding in. She ran into her room and gently closed the door, thankful that the hinges weren't rusty, and jumped onto the bed, throwing the blankets on top of her. She snapped her eyes shut and not long after, she heard the door open and close, and then a deep sigh.

She could still feel the two emotions that he was feeling, and she found it highly uncomfortable.

She cracked her eyes a little and saw him standing near the door, his bangs covering his eyes. She sat up and he looked up at her, his eyes soft. She could tell that his eyes were lying. "Did I wake you?" He asked softly and she shook her head giving him a kind smile.

She stood up and walked over to him. "Are you alright?" She asked and he gave her a smile. "I'm fine." He said.

She stopped right in front of him. "No, you're not." She said sternly, a slight edge to her voice. He looked away. "You're right, I'm not." He sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed.

She sat next to him. She looked at him with concerned eyes. He looked away. She had never seen him so distant, and he had never not wanted to tell her something. She put a hand on his shoulder.

"Jellal..... you can tell me...." She said and he shook his head. "I'd tell you, but....." He trailed off and sighed again.

"But what?" She asked, sadness filling inside of her. He didn't want to tell her. She felt..... rejected and like he didn't feel like he could confide in her.

She got up to leave, but he grabbed her wrist and hugged her, now standing up. She turned to look at him, the once negative feelings he was feeling gone.

"I'm sorry..... I just don't want you turning away from me....." He whispered and she hugged him.

"I will never turn away..... from you. Even if I have to abandon everyone else." She whispered back.

On the other side of the door, Simon stood, turning away and walking away, head hanging low.