Chapter 17

"Who's he?" Simon asked with a bit of an edge to his voice.

Erza smiled up at him. "This is Prince Jellal of Magnolia, and....." She stopped her sentence as her face flushed pink. "I'm her lover." Jellal said, just to make it clear that Erza was with him. He didn't feel comfortable with Erza around other guys, but that was normal, wasn't it? They were soul mates, after all....

Simon's eyes flashed with.... pain? Jealousy? But he bowed anyway. "Forgive my rudeness, Your Highness." He mumbled and Jellal sighed. "No, it is quite alright. Any friend of Erza's is a friend of mine." He half meant that when he said it. He meant that if Erza had friends, he would treat them well and as his own friends, but that didn't mean that he actually considered them friends.

Erza was still smiling when Simon stood up. "If you don't mind me asking, Erza, but what are you two doing here?" They looked at each other and nodded. "We'll tell you, just not here." She said and Simon led the way to a fairly normal home, one where at least four or five people could live in.

he opened the doo, locked it, and closed all the blinds.

Jellal and Erza's hoods were down, so their faces were completely visible.

Four people were sitting down in a family room playing board games.

When they looked up, Millianna jumped up and screamed. "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I told you Erza was still alive! I KNEW IT!" She screamed but then her eyes widened when she saw Jellal. "Is that who I think it is?" She asked and screamed again causing Erza and Jellal to wince at her loudness.

"The Prince is actually in my house!" She shouted and she jumped around. When she calmed down from her rush, she looked at the two. "I see~ You were disguised as Elsa, right? And the guy with you was probably the cute blonde with all the girls around him....." She said sighing dreamily.

Erza growled and Jellal chuckled. He held Erza's hand in his. "That is true, but none of them were as beautiful as Erza." And there, he spoke the truth. Millianna's eyes widened and she laughed. "I knew it~" She continued to sing.

After they sat down and explained everything, Erza's friends understood it all, not one bit went by unnoticed.

"I wonder, if these past evil lovers are after you, and only one pair of lovers can exist at a time, how are they here?" Wally asked. Maybe it didn't all go unnoticed.

"Their souls were removed...... From our own souls, seeing as they are a past version ourselves, their souls were inside of us, somehow." Jellal explained and Wally nodded, though it was impossible to tell since his eyes were covered by pitch black sunglasses. Erza shivered as she remembered that dreadful experience. Jellal gave her hand a light squeeze, and she looked at him.

"I think what we'd all like to know is why Clarita let us go, if she's just going to come looking for us later. She's giving us a chance to prepare ourselves and to defeat them, and she's only going to try to stop us later..... It's very confusing." Jellal said thinking about Clarita's words.

"Clarita said that she was corrupted, but if she didn't want to still be corrupted, why did she make Jellal let Charlie?" "Charles." Erza corrected. "Charles, whatever, why would she have made him come in? That's what I don't understand...... I got it! You know how Jellal couldn't let Erza get hurt, maybe it's the same with them, they're somehow bound, they can't live without the other, and maybe she felt an obligation to bring him back, one that she couldn't withstand......" Millianna started, getting lost in her own words.

"What I think, is that when she's near Charles, she suddenly becomes evil, she wasn't near him when she let the two of them go. I think that Clarita is only evil when Charles is around, because their feelings are bound, and the farther away she gets from him, the less his feelings affect her. Charles soul was inside Jellal, correct? That counts as her being near him, so that might be why." Simon said, speaking for the first time.

"Simon, you're a genius! That's the most logical explanation!" Millianna exclaimed, jumping up. Jellal and Erza looked at each other and nodded. "That does make the most sense." He stated. "We have to find their weakness, which is, our own, I suppose. Making a cut on the ring finger certainly makes them more susceptible to pain..... but that would extremely hard to actually put into action.... We need a battle strategy, against ourselves." Jellal said very seriously.

"You know what? How about we talk about that tomorrow morning? It's already ten O'clock! I'm going to bed. GOODNIGHT MY FRIENDS~!" Millianna shouted and ran off to her bedroom. "I'm going, too." Wally and Sho said, saying goodnight and heading off to their own rooms. "You two can have the guest bedroom, it's right down that hall." Simon said glumly and walked off as well.

Erza and Jellal followed the directions given and went to sleep; the next day would be a long one.

A/N: Yay! I got to update today,  but there's only an hour and twenty minutes before I have to go to bed, and I still haven't started my homework! It's fine though, I only need to read instructions about something..... but they're long! And I should work on my art project too, I might do that as well. I gotta get it done sooner or later! On that note, goodbye, Strawberry Patches!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

~Strawberry-chan