Party

I was laughing so hard that my sides hurt.  Josh was funnier in person!  Jen had introduced us to the cast tonight and they were all so nice and funny!  I got to meet all the people I had only ever seen on TV and in movies!  Josh was telling a joke that went like this.  "What is the scariest thing in the school cafeteria?  The Food!" I was laughing because school food is so gross!  I also felt really pretty.  I was in one of the dresses we got when we went shopping.  It was a gold sequined top with a white tutu bottom.  My hair was still perfect from earlier, so we didn't do anything to it.

"My turn!  So, Why didn't the sun go to college?  Because it already had a million degrees!" I said telling my own joke. Josh started laughing and so did Willow.  She was Prim in the movies.  "Good one Genesis!" she said laughing.  "So Genesis, you wanna be a pro soccer star?" Josh asked.  "Yep!" I said happily.  "Like Alex Morgan?" Willow asked.  "Yeah!  I love her!" I gushed.  Alex Morgan was the coolest soccer star ever!

"Guys, Stella wants to sing!" Jen yelled.  We turned and saw Stella holding a sparkly silver microphone.  I smiled at my little sister.  "It's going down!  I'm yelling Timber!  You better move!  You better dance!" she sang happily.  It was so funny when she tried to do the rap as fast as Pitbull on the soundtrack.  But she got all of Kesha's words down.

"How about you sing Genesis?" Willow asked.  "No way!" I jumped.  "Come on, one song.  Please?" Josh asked with puppy dog eyes.  I giggled as he crossed his eyes and Willow held her breath until I said, "Okay, fine!  Jen!  My turn!" I said waving my arm.  "Your gonna sing?" Jen asked as I took the silver microphone.  "Yeah.  Can you play 'Done' by The Band Perry?" I asked the DJ.  "Lyrical or Studio Version?" he asked me.  "Lyrical!" I said.  I already knew all the words.  So when the song started, I started singing...forgetting all my previous fears.

You've been wearing that crown and tearing me down
It's been a while since you've treated me right
You strung me along for far too long cause I never gave up the fight
Until now

It's gonna hit you hard 'til you see stars
It's gonna put you through a world of hurt
Oh, I don't believe in getting even but giving what you deserve
Oh my, oh my, huh.

Mama always told me that I should play nice
She didn't know you when she gave me that advice
I'm through with you
You're one bridge I'd like to burn
Bottle up the ashes, smash the urn
I'm through with you, la dee da

I don't wanna be your "just for fun",
Don't wanna be under your thumb
All I wanna be is done
Done

You crossed the line too many times,
I'm gonna put you in your place
You play with dynamite, don't be surprised
When I blow up in your face
Oh my, oh my, huh.

Mama always told me that I should play nice
But she didn't know you when she gave me that advice
I'm through with you
You're one bridge I'd like to burn
Bottle up the ashes, smash the urn
I'm through with you, la dee da

I don't wanna be part of your fun,
Don't wanna be under your thumb
All I wanna be is done

(Done) with your selfish ways
(Done) and all the games you play
I'm through with you and everything you say

Mama told me that I should play nice
She didn't know you when she gave me that advice

Mama always told me that I should play nice
But she didn't know you when she gave me that advice
I'm through with you
You're one bridge I'd like to burn
Scatter the ashes, smash the urn
I'm through with you, la dee da

I don't wanna be your "just for fun",
Don't wanna be under your thumb
All I wanna be is done
Ugh!

When I got done singing, I didn't realize how much I loved it.  I also didn't sound like a run over cat!  "Gen, that was absolutely amazing!" Jen said as she hugged me.  "Thanks!" I giggled.  "Well, you did amazing!  Must be somewhere you got it from!  Your a natural born singer!" Josh told me as he lifted me over his head.  "Josh careful!  She's in a dress!" Jen said laughing.

"Oh yeah, sorry squirt!" he said, setting me back down.  

Willow ran off to go be with Stella, who was talking with Jena Malone.  "So, Gen you seem to be quiet the singer.  You should look into getting a record deal or going to Nashville." Josh said.  "Maybe one day!" Jen said hugging me.  "That would be cool!" I said, liking the idea.  I could meet all my favorite country singers and groups!   "So who are your favorite country singers or groups?" Woody asked, joining our conversation.  I thought this over.  "Well this is gonna be a long list." I said warning everyone.

"Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Shania Twain, Kieth Urban, Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, RaeLynn, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift's old music, Maddie and Tae, Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, LeeAnn Rimes, Hunter Hayes, Florida Georgia Line, and a whole bunch more!" I said, rattling the ones I could quickly think of.  "Well, maybe we can talk Jen into getting them all to meet you when you go to Nashville and get a singing record.  Good singing...sweetheart!" Woody said before leaving.

I busted out laughing.  He called me 'sweetheart' like he did to Katniss in the Hunger Games.  "Well, maybe we could make a little trip to Nashville to get a possible record deal and meet all your favs before we started going to the 'Catching Fire' premiers.  Speaking of which, we need to get you and Stella some red carpet dresses!" Jen said excitedly.  I smiled really big.  I knew it probably couldn't happen.  But hey!  Maybe it could!  Being the adopted kid of a celebrity could have its perks!

***

OK I know it sucks!  But come on, I updated twice today.  So yeah, tell me what should happen.  I have big plans for this story including all the characters!  So be ready!