discovered and Dancing? (Party part 3)

I started to choke on my apple.

"Whoa! You okay?!" Jackson clapped my back and I coughed

"-ahem- yeah, I'm fine" I looked over at Caleb and saw him staring at me

"Jai?" He repeated, I stepped forward.

"Yeah, it's J-A-I, Jai... weird huh?" I laughed, "Nice to meet you..."

"This is my cousin Caleb." Jackson smiled, "You guys are gonna go to the same school after the break... Caleb, keep her safe for me?"

"Yeah... I'll keep an eye on her..." Caleb looked at his cousin, "Sorry, how'd you meet?"

"I kneed him in the crotch" - "She hit me..." We said together. I glanced at him and he just laughed.

"She hit you huh?" Caleb smirked, "Well I think we'll he along fine Jai..."

"Yeah... Do you live near Jackson?" I smirked back, "You're not gonna hit on me too... are you?"

"Maybe I will... Jai, I do live nearby... yourself?" He knows this is a ploy... Fine.

"Close enough..." I smiled

"So! Caleb did anyone else come? Like Dani?" Oh CRAP Dani! She won't be able to stay quiet.

"Nah, just me cuz." Caleb smirked at me, and I stuck my tongue out. "You're... adorable." He smirked

"You're ballsy..." I spat back

"Pint-sized" he smirked

"Cocky" I grinned

"Miniature" Jerk...

"Goliath" He was 15 too... and I'm actually older... but he's 6'1"

"And?" he smirked, "Thought girls dug tall dudes."

"Yeah ones who can reach the top shelf, no the roof!" I argued

"I'm not that tall. I'm just a bit bigger than most" He smiled

"Uh huh... I bet you say that to all the girls." Making a joke

"Just the special ones" He winked. MY BEST FRIEND JUST WINKED AT ME... "Well I'm gonna go enjoy the party. See you around cuz... Jai, I hope we can... chat again." He grabbed a soda and left.

"Mmm" I shrugged. Well... this is gonna be fun to explain...

"So... How long can you stay?" Jackson asked, handing me a soda can.

"What time is it?" I reahed for my phone and saw it was 10. I saw 3 messages

*Jai, everything okay so far?*

- Kay

*JAI?! You okay?!*

- Kay

*I'll see you tomorrow before Dani comes over to talk about this...*

- Caleb

I sent Kay a "yes, I'm alive. J" text and Caleb a "fine" response.

"I should probably leave in an hour or so..." I shrugged

"Your parents won't mind?" He asked

"Naaah, I'm responsible enough, and they're out of town right now..."

"Ah, cool." He smiled, "I mean... you can stay longer if you want?"

"That's nice, but they might get home early-ish so I should be there and at least a little rested before they come back."

"Do you wanna... see a movie? Or something tomorrow?" He blushed

"Maybe not tomorrow..." He looked down, "Just cause I just moved in... maybe I'll meet up with you for coffee tomorrow and we can do the movie the day after?" I compromised. I know tomorrow I'll have to tell Caleb and Dani, then deal with Kay.