Romeo Lee

for one of my coolest hard core voter and fan... i <3 this girl!                                                        

Half an hour later, Huntress and I were on our way back to our classroom after we dropped off Iahejlle and Ash in the elementary division, when I heard Huntress giggle. I looked her way and she stifled another laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

 “I’m just happy.” She said, skipping beside me.

“I can see that, but why?”

She looked up at me and smiled. “I have never seen my brother like that, you know, laughing, joking and relaxed. Whenever I see him he’s so serious and stiff.”

“Well, you can’t blame him,” I said, looking away. I found out that I often need to look away from Huntress whenever I’m talking with her, to keep my thoughts straight, “You are very hard to guard, you know.”

She stopped skipping; I stopped walking and turned to her. She was frowning, “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Am I giving you a hard time, Romeo Lee?” she asked.

I frowned and I sighed, “It’s not like that…”

Then Huntress shook her head and smiled, “You don’t have to explain, I know what you mean. I am pretty stubborn. Pushy and stubborn, right?”

I looked down at her, and looked at her sternly, “Yes.” I said, “Yes you are stubborn.”Huntress looked up at me, surprised. Then I smiled at her, “And it’s one of your best qualities.”

Huntress eased up and grinned, then she hits me playfully on the arm. I laughed and watched her blush.

“You are silly too, do you know that?” I said. “Now, let’s get going, or else Mr. Wilkins will think you’re out looking for trouble again.”

Huntress laughed and nodded. I stole another glance at Huntress as we reach the building.

Her family owns NSA… I remembered Ivan say.

I frowned, what else could she be hiding from me? I thought. Could she also be part of SDU, that’s why she knew about the mission? But how could she have looked so surprised when Christy mentioned it? And what about Christy attacking her? Ivan would have set Christy straight if she really is the one pulling our strings.

Would she tell me if I ask her? Would I want to know the answer?I glanced at Huntress,I frowned, then she turned to me.

 “You look so serious, what are you thinking about?” she asked.

I grinned, “It’s nothing…” then she gave me a nod and looked away, “Uhm, Huntress?”

“Hm?”

“I was wondering…” I looked away, trying to choose the perfect words.

“Your wondering about Ivan, aren’t you?”

Not really. I answered, but then again, I was curious of her expression, how her mood suddenly changed with just the thought of Ivan.

“He used to be the highest ranking elemental type when we first came to NSA. And as the heiress he was made to be my student partner. We were inseparable-” she stifles a laugh, “Well, except when I was escaping. But he always had my back, he protected me. He was my last line of defense…” her voice fades into silence.

“Hunter said he tried to kill you...“

I caught her frown for a second, as if contemplating on what to say. “He did, under my step mother’s orders.”