Michael the Archangel

Huntress woke up, looked beside her and saw Iahejlle snuggled under her chin. Huntress smiled as she pushed the hair away from Iahejlle’s face. Slowly, she set Iahejlle’s head on the pillow and sat up. Only then did she saw Hunter was sitting on the corner of her bed leaning on the post and watching her.

“Hey…” he said with a smile and she smiled back. “How are you feeling?”

“Much better, have you been here the whole night?” she asked.

“It still is night.” He said, “It’s only ten o’clock. You’ve been asleep for most of the afternoon. Besides does it even matter if I was here the whole night?”

Huntress stifles a laugh, then she reached for her temple, Hunter sat up and moved toward her, “Hey, you ok?”

“Just a little after shock, I guess.” She said and they both fell quiet. “Big brother?”

“Hm?”

“I’m sorry.” She said, Hunter just stared at her, not knowing what to say. “I’m sorry if you had to force yourself to kill that man, I’m sorry for being such a trouble maker and I’m sorry for causing you all these problems.” She was staring at her hands that were set on her lap.””If only I wasn’t so weak at that time, then you wouldn’t have-“

“I still would have killed him Huntress.” Hunter says, “I didn’t force myself to do anything. He attacked NSA; he put us in danger” he paused “He was saving hislife in exchange of yours. If I didn’t kill him he might come back and try to kill you again.”

“But still, I didn’t want you to be like me-“

He stifles a laugh and moved beside her, “Huntress everyone knows I have the cleanest record in the family. Even Tathiannah had snapped a head or two and everyone knows why.” He paused again, “I promised father I will protect you, even if my own life depended on it or my principles.” Huntress leaned on him and snuggled under his chin. “Besides, I proved everyone wrong, didn’t I?”

“Proved them wrong?” Huntress looked up at him, questioned.

He smiled, “Contrary to popular belief, I did not kill a suitor or a boyfriend of yours.” Huntress laughed and snuggled closer to him, “You never had a weak moment Huntress, even when we were kids, your optimism radiated out like fire and it made you charismatic, I guess, and if Ivan didn’t attacked you…” he took a deep breath, fighting away the anger and disappointment that had been eating him all these years.

“He helped me brother.” Huntress says, “He never harmed me, not now or not when we were kids. He was always curious, you know that. Hunter doesn’t answer, so Huntress sat up and faced him, “He had made a mistake back then, brother, but he saved me from those men. If he wasn’t there, I might have died then.”

“Don’t say that Huntress.” He looked away.

“Brother, anger is such a powerful emotion.” She said, “I have forgiven him and I hope you would as well.”

“I can’t…” Hunter shook his head.

“Yes you can.” Huntress says, “You have a good heart, you’re just stubborn.” Hunter can’t help but grin and looked at his sister. “Lessen your burdens by making peace with the past.”

Hunter sighed, “If that is what you want, then I’ll try…” Huntress smiled but Hunter rolled his eyes seeing her excitement, “the creator knows I need some peace of mind every once in a while.”

They both laughed and Huntress sat back beside him. Then they glanced at Iahjelle.

“She’s been really worried.” Hunter says, “It’s been really hard explaining to her what’s happening. Where you’ve been… Why people are after you…”