Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Lily's POV

"I can't I'm busy," Claire said through the phone.

"It's fine."

"But still; good luck on your date." I could feel Claire smirking on the other end of the phone.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah. Don't get your hopes up."

"I'm just saying." She laughed.

"Well I gotta find a babysitter. Bye Claire."

"Bye Hun." She said before hanging up.

I groaned in frustration. I couldn't find anybody to babysit Angie on Friday night. I have that date and if I can't find anybody to babysit her then I can't go on that date with Ethan. And I think a date would really be good for me; to take my mind off of things for a while.

Everybody was busy. My babysitter was busy, and so were Claire and Niall. And I honestly don't trust anybody else with Angie. Well my mum as well but she's still in the hospital recovering from her surgery yesterday.

The surgery had gone perfectly well and they removed 98% of the tumor. They gave her medication to remove the small  percentage and then if that works, then she can be brain tumor free.

It made be happy knowing that I would have my mother with me again in just a few days.

But for now, I need to find a new babysitter.

~*~

Harry's POV

I lay on my back on my bed and flipped through the channels trying to find something interesting but nothing really seemed entertaining. I just came back from a long day in the studio as we're now working on our third album.

I was quite excited about it but it's also very exhausting. Tonight most of the boys were out partying but I was here relaxing while I could.

My mind kept travelling back to Lily and soon a smile crept up to my lips at the thought of her.

Yesterday, I had spent the entire day with Angie and I loved every second of it. She was truly a sweet girl, just like her mother.

I took her to Louis' place and she had met Eleanor and Louis. We had lunch there and I promised them to bring her back again sometime. They asked me where Lily was but I simply told them that she had asked me to babysit Angie. I then took her to Lou's house and she had a great time playing with Lux.

Lou and I thought it would be a good idea to take Lux and Angie to a close by park and we did. I got her ice cream and she didn't even finish it. Instead, she fell asleep in my arms while we sat on the park bench. I then, took her to my house but she woke up as soon as we entered my flat.

I made her dinner and as soon as she started eating, Lily showed up. She was furious but I wasn't expecting any different from Lily. I knew she was very protective over her daughter and I found that adorable.

My phone that was ringing interrupted my thinking. I reached out to my bedside table and inspected the screen. It was an unknown number. I picked it up anyways

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"Hey," her voice was sweet and nervous. I would recognize her sweet voice anywhere and it brought a smile to my face instantly.

"How'd you get my number?" I asked with a smirk that she clearly couldn't see.

"I asked Niall for it," Lily explained.

"Well then; how can I help you?" I asked cheekily.

"I was wondering if you were doing anything on Friday night?" She asked as if she was unsure of herself.