Chapter 23

(A/N) you probably hate me for not updating for over 2 weeks. Sorry :$ I'm really busy but yeah hope you like it.

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN (Twitter: @Dennise_G)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 23

Lily's POV

I impatiently waited for the elevator doors to open, and once they finally did, I was greeted by a very familiar hallway. It always smelt like cigarettes since our neighbour was a smoker. The unpleasant air filled my lungs making me cough and wrinkle my face. I quickened my pace to get away from the sickening smell that created knots in my stomach. I walked towards the wooden door; a door that led me to a place where I lived for many years, but thanks to one simple and horrible lie led me to leave, a lie that caused me to attempt to end my life again, a lie that practically broke me to pieces.

I wasn't sure whether to just open the door with my spare key or knock. I decided that just busting into the room would be rude. But at the same time, why should I care what Claire thinks? I knocked since my mind was set to talk things over and not fight, so I might as well start by lightly knocking on the wooden door.

Harry had dropped me off, and then went to Sweden for two days for some promos. So that meant that I had to find my own ride. I'll probably have to just take a taxi or something.

The door opened and a medium height girl with long black hair and deep green eyes came into view. Claire hasn't really changed physically but the expression on her face wasn't very welcoming. She seemed unpleased, almost shocked at my random visit to my old home.

She poked her head out of the door and when she realized that it was me, she opened the door wider. Not wide enough to let me through, but wide enough to for me to see Claire standing up straight with a frown on her face.

She took a look back inside the apartment before turning to me, "What are you doing here?" she asked quietly almost a whisper. Who was in there?

I kept my face emotionless and my head held high trying to sound confident. "We need to talk," I said flatly.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "I wasn't really expecting you to ever come back."

"Well do you want to talk with me or not?"

"I do... it's just that I can't right now..." she took a quick look back at the living room making my forehead wrinkle. Who the hell was in there?

I pushed passed her and stood on the entrance of the living room/dining room. On the couch, there sat a person that I hadn't expected to be here, not in a million years. A person that made me regret pushing past Claire. Now all I wanted was to turn back, leave the place and never step a foot in here ever again. But my feet were glued to the floor and I stood there completely frozen.

"Lily!" Her eyes widened as much as mine, as she stood on her feet and walked towards me and before I knew it I was under her touch in an embrace. I wanted to push her away and tell her not to ever touch me again, but instead I just stood frozen.

She took a step back but her hands never left my shoulders. I hadn't seen my mother in years and she randomly turns up here and acts like nothing ever happened. She was still beautiful as I remembered her. She had a few more wrinkles here and there, but her perfect features were still beautiful no matter what age she as. She had an oval shaped head that was decorated by beautiful long and blond hair that hung over her shoulders. I always wanted to have her hair, but my hair was like my dad's. Her hair was shiny in the right places and naturally straight. Her hazel eyes were full of happiness and relief. They were so much like mine, and I suddenly remembered the days where me and her and dad would go on long walks when I was younger. We didn't have a thing to worry about. Just us three living a happy life just like any family should be. But everything turned upside down when my father was murdered. He was the one who made the money in the house, but when he passed away, my mother was forced to be put to work. She never had a job when my father was around because he made enough money to keep us fed and happy. So when my mother worked, she worked at a gas station because she didn't have much experience. We had to sell our house and went to live in a one bedroom apartment that was falling apart by the second. There were nights where we wouldn't have any dinner at all. I 'm pretty sure that she spent a lot of money on cigarettes rather than food. Claire told me that I could live with her for a while. I obviously agreed to it, so I packed my things and left. My mum never said a word and just stood there as I left. I felt like she wanted me to be gone, like I was a disturbance in her life. And today was the first time I had seen her in 3 years.