Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Harry's POV

"She really tried committing suicide?" Louis eyes went wide open. We were both sitting on the leather couch in my bedroom, it was actually quite comfy and relaxing. I was sitting in my normal comfy position: one knee pressed against my chest, and my other leg lying underneath it, while Louis was sitting with his arm stretched across the couch, behind my neck while his ankle was lying on his lap.

I had told Louis everything with detail. "Yeah I was pretty scared for her."

"Did she tell you why she tried it?"

"Well I asked, but she said it was complicated."

"If it's bad enough to make her try to commit suicide, then it’s probably not easy telling a stranger."

"Good point." There was a pause.

"So is she hot?" Louis smirked.

"Louis, you have a girlfriend," I reminded him with a chuckle.

"Not for me, for you," his smile was wide. This kid was trying to set me up, "You haven't had a girlfriend in two years. Since... you know... the incident," his smile faded away.

I looked down and rested my chin on my knee and massaged my temple, "Yeah don't remind me about it."

"Sorry mate," he sighed, "It's just that I think that it's time to move on, and forget about the past," his right hand went from behind my neck to my shoulder, and started to gently massage it for comfort. But it wasn't really working.

"Louis it's not that simple!" I snapped. He didn't look surprised by me yelling at him, but I know that he didn't like to be yelled at.

There was a long pause, until I apologized, "I'm sorry Louis. It's just that I don't think I'll ever get over it. I loved Val," My heart started to race as I mentioned her name, "I loved her more than anything else in this world. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. All I wanted to do was get married and have a happy family with her. But that will never happen. And I don't think I'll ever stop loving her." I buried my face in my palms, as I was trying to force back the tears. I felt a gentle hand create small circles on my back.

"I understand, mate," Louis quietly whispered. We both sat there quietly. The silence wasn't awkward, but comforting. Just then I remembered.

"Louis can I use you phone? I lost mine."

"Uhh sure." He reached for his phone in his pocket and handed it to me. I took out a piece of paper with Lily's number in it. I quickly typed in the phone number and sent her a text message asking if I could go and pick her up then go to the studio for her interview. In no time she replied saying that it would be okay.

We both jumped at the sound of Eleanor's voice echoing around the house.

"Dinner's ready!" We got up and went down that stairs.

"So Harry, you didn't answer my question. Is she hot?" Louis gave me a wink.

"No hotter than you." I returned the wink. He giggled like a little girl which brought a smile to my face.

We entered the dining room and saw Niall and Zayn sitting across from each other, devouring their food. It must be really good. Suddenly I realize how hungry I was. Just then Eleanor came from the kitchen with two more plates of spaghetti.

"Niall!" Niall groaned because Eleanor was interrupting him from eating, "Don't eat that! It's Louis' plate. If you want seconds you just ask." She giggled, "Here give me your plate," Niall handed El his plate, then she dissapeared into the kitchen. Louis and I sat down on our usual seat on the dining room table.