Chapter 7*

Song selection:

1. Love yourself~ Justin Bieber.

2. Perfect~ One direction.

Hermione POV:

I scanned Ginny's face for signs of relent, but found none. She had her mind set on answers, and nothing would deter her. I gave a defeated sigh and reached for my wand. "Muffliato," I murmured. I did not want this overheard.

"Well, it all started when Ron-"

"Oooh! A secret relationship! I love those!"

"No, Gin-"

"Aww, you guys are so perfect together!"

"You don't understand!" I shouted, jerking up and hitting my head on the headboard.

I winced and raised a hand to the injury. Ginny smirked at me, but the grin fell from her lips quickly and was replaced with a questioning glare once more.

"I don't understand what?" she said, narrowing her eyes. "Tell me now."

"It was his idea!" I whined like a child trying to pin the blame on someone else. "I swear, I don't even know why I agreed."

"What was his idea?" she asks.

"Oh, come off it Gin, we both know you know."

"What was his idea?" she repeated, dead set on embarrassing me by making me admit it.

"The sex lessons!" I loudly exclaim. "Please don't tell Ron, you'll ruin my entire plan."

I crossed my arms in a huff, peeved at having to say those words. There was a beat of silence where Ginny held perfectly still and looked me in the eyes. Then her jaw literally dropped. "What!?"

"Oh stop Ginny, Draco already told you everything."

"Draco!?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, if he is going to be giving me sex lessons, I might as well call him by his first name." Ginny merely stared at me. "Gin? He did tell you, right?"

"No," she replied slowly. "He didn't tell me anything. But you sure did."

My eyes widened as I took in her statement. "Y- wha-no..." I stammered. I've been tricked.

*********************

Draco POV:

Granger

Meet me after breakfast.

Malfoy

I rested the tip of my feather quill on my nose, pondering the note. No no no. I sounded so stupid. I crumpled the parchment into a ball and tossed it into the bin to join dozens of its brethren, thrown there for being too sappy or informal or just not quite right. I returned my quill to the inkwell and set it to a fresh parchment.

Hermione

After breakfast?

Draco

No no. Too familiar. I scrapped the note and began another.

After breakfast. Be there.

D.M

Hmm. I gave the note a once over, and nodded. It would have to do. I rolled it up, tied it to my owl and sent the owl out the window.

Leaning back in my chair, I smiled absentmindedly at the thought of seeing Hermione after breakfast. I'm strangely excited to see her, even as I know I am only hurting myself.

I know she's only doing it to get him back. I'll always be nothing to her. But I might as well enjoy what little time we have together.

One thing keeps nagging at the edge of my mind: why does she trust me? But I shrug off the concern in favour of the much more enjoyable train of thought about what we'll be doing tomorrow...

********************

Hermione's POV:

"I can't believe it!" Ginny shouted.

"That makes two of us," I mumble. "Please don't freak out and tell everyone."

"You know I would never do that." she is calm for a brief moment, but all too soon she arrives at a new conclusion. "Ohmygosh does that mean you guys have done it?!" she shouted.

"No of course not!" I paused and added an afterthought with a blush. "Not yet at least."

"But why?" Ginny asked, sitting down beside me. "Do you like him?"

"To get Ron back." I shot back automatically. "I don't like him, he's only doing me a favour."

"Since when does Draco Malfoy, do you favours, or anyone for that matter?" Ginny raised an eyebrow, gazing at me curiously.

"I was just as surprised as you are now." I told her. "We met up today for the first time, and we kissed. That's all that happened, I swear."

"How was it? I bet he was an amazing kisser, am I right?" Ginny gushed, smirking at me.

"Well-" I began.

"I knew it! I've heard rumours you know, apparently, he's amazing in the sheets. Hermione, this is unbelievable, you get to experience that!" Ginny cut across me.

"I'm worried this will backfire, and Ron will hate me-" I began only to be interrupted again.

"FORGET ABOUT THAT PRAT FOR ONE MOMENT!" Ginny cried. She paused, taking a breath to calm down. "I just... Please forget him."

"I can't." I looked down at my feet. "He's just been a part of me for so long. It's us against the world, it's always been. I..." I sighed, fighting the tears that were threatening to spill over. I looked up to Ginny's eyes, no longer fighting her, instead pleading with her for answers that seemed to be infinitely beyond my grasp. "He's such a huge part of my life, of me, I'm worried that if I lose him... I'll lose myself."

Ginny looked horrified at my statement. "Are you forgetting who you are? You're Hermione Granger, brightest witch of her age. You are so much more than someone's trophy, least of all Ron's." Ginny grinned, pulling me in for a hug.

I hugged her back furiously, glad to have her in my life. "Thanks, Gin, you're the best," I replied.

There was a tap at the window, and Ginny rushed to open it, at the window was a tawny owl, one I didn't recognise.

Giving it some treats from her pocket, she unfurled the letter and smirked.

"It's for you." Ginny winked.

I read it quickly, a fierce blush rising in my cheeks. "Gin don't-"

"How could I not freak out! You are going to be *ahem* deflowered by Slytherin's resident player, who is so obviously in love with you, and you're going to forget Ron and have a dozen little Dramione babies and grow old together and-"

"It is just me, Gin, or are you more excited than I am?"

"As your best friend, it makes me happy to see you moving on, especially with someone so hot," Ginny said, getting into the bed beside mine.

"I'm not moving on, I'm waiting," I told her, receiving a frown in return.

"Yeah, you do that, and have fun with Malfoy in the meantime." Ginny shot back, once again grinning at me.

"Goodnight, Gin, and remember when you wake up, that this was all a dream," I joke.

"As if I'm ever going to forget this. Besides if I did, I'd just get it out of you again" Ginny boasts.

"Whatever." I sigh.