Chapter 5*

Hermione POV:

I rolled over onto my back and stared at the ceiling with an exasperated sigh. My hair, still frizzy and tangled, was spread out around my head like a halo. It was 12:46 pm on a Saturday, and I still hadn't gotten out of bed. What was the point? Ron was gone, Draco was maddeningly baffling, and I... well I was confused. Very confused. Hence the sleeping in.

What on earth was I supposed to do? Ron, the love of my life, despised me, and Draco, my once sworn enemy, was being illogically kind to me. But despite his previous errors, something about me was drawn to the scion of Malfoy. The force was like a magnet, drawing us closer even as Ron and I were pushed farther apart.

Regardless of my troubles with Ron, I couldn't stop thinking of Malfoy. Sex lessons? Where on earth would that take us? Was there even an us to begin with?

I felt my cheeks turn red, and I bit my lip anxiously. I rolled over onto my stomach again. Uuuuuugh. I hated this feeling.

I was startled when an owl flew through the open window. The owl was one I've never seen before. It was very beautiful, a startling silver gray with shockingly bright eyes that seemed to shift from black to silver to a color I couldn't name, all in the span of a second.

I grabbed the small roll of parchment from the owl's outstretched talon. The roll was tied with a shimmery green ribbon that caught the light brilliantly. I untied it with a tug and unfurled the parchment to read a note scrawled in Draco's intricate script.

Granger,

I'll be waiting in the restricted section. When you see me, don't make eye contact. Just follow me inconspicuously.

D.M

Oh, crap! Already? I threw the covers off and ran to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and sighed at the gigantic rat's nest that was my hair. This was going to be difficult.

°°°°°

Once my hair was at least semi-tamed, I added a touch of lip gloss just because and threw on some leggings and a loose blue top. That's casual, right? Ugh, why do I even care? I sighed, once again exasperated with myself. Giving up, I grabbed my wand and headed out to meet Draco.

I had almost reached the portrait when Ginny spotted me. "Hey, Hermione!" Ginny yells.

"Hi, Ginny!" I say, walking away as fast as possible.

"Where are you going?" She asks, suspiciously.

"I-I'm going to the library." I lie.

"Boring!" Ron yells, rolling his eyes at me.

I narrow my eyes and force myself not to kill him. Why is everyone yelling anyways? Ignoring him, I ducked out of the portrait hole and walked away.

I'm doing this for him; I tell myself. And then he will turn back into the old Ron. The one I love.

I made my way down the familiar path to my second home, but I deviated slightly to the restricted section. I spotted Malfoy leaning on the wall by the entrance nonchalantly. He noded towards me and walked down the corridor. I followed a bit behind him, careful to be inconspicuous, when suddenly, Malfoy disappeared. What?

"Malfoy." I hissed. "Where are you?"

Then without warning, a hand reached out of the wall and grabbed hold of my elbow, dragging me into the wall. Suddenly, was no longer in the hall. I was in a room I didn't recognize.

"Merlin's beard," I sighed as I looked around the room. The room's walls were a deep forest green, and the floors were dark, shiny hardwood, matching the mantle around the great fireplace. Beside the fire was an elegant leather couch and perched on it, looking smug, was Draco.