Chapter 15

Zayn didn't speak to me while we went out. He stared at me the entire time, though. He was searching for any sign of what was bothering me. I acted as if everything was normal, except when the waiter told us his name was Josh. Thankfully, it wasn't my Josh.

God, why did I sleep with him? I was drunk, but still. He's arrogant, rude, mean, and not very attractive. He isn't the best with pick up lines either. I guess I was pretty wasted that night.

"I heard Perrie found a new man." Louis said.

"Be quiet, Louis." Zayn said, hitting him in the head. I winced. The memory of Josh hitting me came into my mind. Zayn was the only one who noticed it. He stared at me in confusion. I kept my eyes down, refusing to meet his gaze.

Our food came soon. I quietly ate almost all of mine. I didn't look at Zayn the entire time, but I could feel his eyes boring into mine, daring me to look up. I refused.

After we paid, we had to go back to their hotel room. I dreaded the ride home. I knew he would interrogate me as soon as I got in the car.

And that's what he did.

"What's wrong, Em? Is it something I said? Please tell me. I'll make it better, I promise." He said, the instant I closed the car door.

"Nothing's wrong, Zayn. You didn't do anything." I said, shaking my head.

"Then why are you acting so different?" He asked with an exasperated sigh.

"I'm just tired." I lied.

"I know you're lying." He stated.

"I don't like you right now." I said stubbornly.

"Emma, tell me what's wrong!" He whined.

"Nothing's wrong, Zayn! Can we please just go home?" I asked him hopefully.

"Not until you tell me what's bothering you." He shook his head.

"Nothing's bothering me." I lied again.

"Emily."

"Zayn."

"Emily Danielle."

"Zayn Javaad."

"Emily Danielle Levine."

"This is getting old, Zayn." I complained. "Can we go home now?"

"No." He said and pulled the keys out of the ignition. "I'm not starting the car until you tell me."

"Why do you care? A couple weeks ago, you didn't even remember that I existed." I snapped rudely. Hurt flashed across his face. Oh shit. I shouldn't have said that. "I- I didn't mean it." I stuttered, placing my hand on his arm.

"Whatever." He muttered and finally started the car. We drove back in an awkward silence. He went straight to his room and closed the door. I sighed and decided to join the other boys on in the living room. It was only Liam and Niall.

"What's up with Zayn?" Liam asked.

"And why were you guys so late?" Niall questioned.

"We kinda got into a little argument, I guess. I said something I shouldn't have and now he won't talk to me." I admitted.

"What'd you say?" Niall inquired.

"Uhm, I just said that a couple weeks ago he didn't even remember that I existed." I mumbled uncomfortably.

"Niall, don't you know not to ask such personal questions?" Liam sighed, shooting me an apologetic glance.

"Sorry, Li. Sorry, Em." He replied.

"It's alright." I chuckled. Niall is too adorable for his own good.

"I think I should go talk to Zayn." Liam decided and left to the room.

*Zayn's POV*

I flopped down on my bed and sighed in exasperation. What Emma said was true. A couple weeks ago, I didn't even remember that she existed. That really does make me a terrible person.

But I'm trying to make it up to her by being her best friend and being there for her. She's stubborn and won't tell me anything, so I don't know what to do anymore. She pretends like nothing's wrong, when I can tell that she's obviously lying.

"Zayn?" Liam asked, slightly opening my door. I left it unlocked incase Emma wanted to come in or talk. I'm not mad at her, but at myself.

"Yeah?" I replied emotionless.

"Wanna talk, mate?" He inquired as he came in and locked the door behind him.

"I don't know what happened, Liam." I sighed, sitting up. "Something's bothering her and she won't tell me what it is. I feel bad for forgetting her for two whole years. I'm trying to make it up to her, but she won't let me."

"She's upset about it too." He said and sat next to me at the foot of the bed.

"I'm not mad at her. I'm mad at myself. I don't know how I could have been stupid enough to forget about her for two whole years. I was an idiot. She used to like me back before I auditioned for X-Factor. She had a crush on me. I liked her back. Then what did I do? I let the fame get to my head and I forgot about all the people back home. I lost her." I ran my hands through my hair, not caring if I messed it up.

"Ay, you didn't lose her. You still have her. All you have to do is find a way to keep her. You only have two weeks, Zayn. That's when the tour starts back." Liam reminded me.

Two weeks...

******************************

That was short. Please don't kill me. I'm sorry :( I might take this book off hold, idk tho. Updates will be extremely slow, maybe once every two weeks.

But anyways, check out the new cover! :) It was made by 1DsFallen_Angel so you guys should go check her out and follow her!

Please don't hate me for updating this book so slow :( I know, I suck lol. Maybe I'll get some inspiration and start updating again... Eh prolly not.

xx couldntcareless