Chapter 8

A chorus of hellos and good mornings greeted me as I got in someone's van. I saw two open seats in the back by Niall, so I took the one in the middle.

"Morning." He said with a goofy grin on his face. I responded with a smile. "You look nice." He complimented me.

I raised an eyebrow with an amused smile. "I don't even have makeup on, Niall." I chuckled, as Zayn sat beside me. He looked confused.

"But still." Niall stood by his statement. Stubborn Irish boy.

"I'm confused." Zayn said.

"Nothing unusual." Harry called from the row in front of us. I stifled my laughter.

"Hilarious." Zayn rolled his eyes.

"I thought it was funny." I smirked.

"You think everything's funny." He rolled his eyes at me this time.

"Zayn, that is no way to speak to a lady!" Liam lectured him. Zayn stuck his tongue out at Liam, who was in the passenger seat.

"Can we stop at Walmart?" Louis pestered the driver. He reluctantly pulled into the parking lot.

"Wanna do something fun?" Niall asked randomly, after helping me out of the van. I nodded. He grabbed a shopping cart and casually walked inside with it. I followed behind, wondering what he was going to do. He went to the aisle with the two liter sodas and lined several up on the ground. "Get in the cart." He grinned.

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Does he really think I'm gonna do that?

"It'll be fun!" He whined. I hesitantly got in the larger part of the cart. I squeezed my eyes shut as she pushed it forward. All I saw was a crowd around us and drinks spilling everywhere before Niall pulled me away in a haste. We sprinted out to the van and jumped in, full of laughter.

"That was kinda fun." I agreed.

"I told you so!" He exclaimed between his fits of hilarious Irish laughter. We didn't talk, but lied there and laughed at the experience until the others came back to the van.

"Huge soda spill. Took forever to get my Mountain Dew." Louis muttered bitterly. Niall and I burst into uncontrollable giggles once again.

"You rotten kids!" Liam imitated an old person, wagging his finger at us.

"Well played." Harry high-fived us.

"I leave you two alone for five minutes." Zayn chuckled.

"We just wanted to go bowling!" Niall defended us. I nodded, agreeing with his statement.

"I saw a Mexican baby with an afro!" Louis declared rather loudly.

"And we saw a lady that had see through pants on." Harry gestured to Louis and himself.

"She was a bit too large for her trousers." Louis added sheepishly.

"That's what you get for coming to WalMart." I blamed them.

"Some of those people in there scare me." Liam added.

"They scare everyone." Niall rolled his eyes. We all agreed on that. WalMart is full of interesting characters.

"So what are we doing today, besides getting in trouble in WalMart?" Harry inquired. Everyone shrugged.

"We could get wasted!" Niall suggested eagerly. I high fived him, enthusiastically agreeing.

"No, we're almost all underage in the states to drink." Zayn reminded us.

"But that never stopped me." I pointed out. "And we both drank wine when we were little." I added.

"We were like, eleven. You make us sound like alcoholic kids." Zayn rolled his eyes.

"You were." I teased.

"Nah ah!" He shook his head.

"I spit it out after I tried it." I said. "You drank all of yours."

"Be quiet." He mumbled.

"Zayn: the alcoholic adolescent." Liam announced in his deep voice. "That has a nice ring to it."

"I wasn't an alcoholic!" He exclaimed, pulling his hair full of gel. Then he proceeded to freak out and fix it. I rolled my eyes and handed him my base with a mirror from my purse.

"Smanks." He said, handing it back.

"Cough. Loser. Cough." Louis not-so-subtly said.

"Not obvious at all, Lou." Niall chuckled.

"Zayn: the alcoholic adolescent loser." Harry added onto Zayn's title.

"I like the sound of that." I smiled slightly.

***

"Never have I ever snogged someone older than thirty." Louis said, giving Harry a smirk and glance.

"I hate you." Harry muttered and took a swig of Mountain Dew. We were playing Never Have I Ever and we didn't use alcohol because only Louis is old enough to drink in America. The rest of the boys refused to break the law.

"That's disgusting." I told Harry.

"I was young and stupid, okay?" He grumbled.

"Your turn, Nialler." Lou chirped.

"Never have I ever..." He paused to think. "Never have I ever fancied my best friend." He grinned, looking between Zayn and I.

"You mean, our relationship meant nothing to you?! I thought we had something special!" Liam faked anger. He wasn't very good at it, with his big, chocolate, puppy dog eyes.

Niall rolled his eyes at Liam. I saw Zayn wring his hands a few times before he reached for the bottle and took a sip. He must've found a new best friend, replacing me, and had a crush on her.

I hesitated and also grasped the bottle and took a small gulp. Yes, I admit I had a crush on Zayn. But they don't have to know it's him. I just realized now unsanitary this game is. Ew.

"Awww!" Niall, Liam, Louis, and Harry chorused annoyingly. I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"It's meant to be!" Louis cooed.

"I'm confused." I stated.

"Get used to it. Louis confused everybody." Niall told me.

"I can tell." I agreed.

"Okay, I think I've had enough of this game." Zayn spoke finally.