Chapter 9

I sat next to the arm of the couch and Niall sat on the other side of me. He casually placed his arm around the back of the sofa and it gradually fell to my shoulders. I refrained from giggling at his cuteness. Niall is absolutely adorable and a nonstop flirt. I don't have a problem with it, though. It would be awkward being with Zayn's best friend, on second thought. Maybe I should rethink this.

"Hey, Niall?" Zayn asked from the recliner where he sat. His voice was deeper than usual and strained. "Wanna come help me do something?"

"Do what?" Niall asked.

"I need your help." Zayn stated.

"Okay..." Niall mumbled and followed him to a bedroom.

"Well, that was unusual." Liam said once they left. I nodded in agreement. "Wanna go watch Louis cook for the first time?"

"Sure." I chuckled and we went into the kitchen.

"No, Boobear, that's sugar. I need salt." Harry said. I watched in amusement as Harry and Louis attempted to cook together. I sat at the bar with Liam on my left and two open seats on my right.

"But it's white and it all looks the same!" Louis defended himself.

"I know, Boo. Just go get the salt." Harry explained calmly. Louis pulled at his tousled hair and went to find the salt. This is quite funny. "You seem to be enjoying yourself." Harry smirked at me. I giggled.

"It's hilarious." I nodded. "I don't think Louis has had much training in the kitchen."

"I never would've guessed." Harry replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. Harry and I get along like cat and dog. We tease each other constantly.

"I'm back!" Niall exclaimed as he came into the kitchen. He averted his eyes to the chairs next to me and took the one farthest away. A feeling of rejection ran through me but I didn't let it show. Harry and Liam were staring at him in confusion. I awkwardly picked at my nail polish, pretending to be unaware of the situation. Then Zayn came in and sat next to me.

"Why's it so quiet?" He asked. Harry and Liam's gaze didn't leave Niall, but Niall glared at Zayn. Damn, I sure do feel awkward.

"Yeah..." I broke the silence with my awesome silence breaking skills.

"Random yeah." Louis noted as he came back into the kitchen.

"And a wild Louis appeared!" Harry exclaimed. Louis proceeded to screech the chorus of Wild Ones terribly at the top of his lungs. Yay.

"I'm going out." Niall mumbled once Louis shut up. He pulled on his coat before stomping out the door.

"What was that all about?" Harry asked Zayn. He innocently shrugged, slightly glancing to the left. That's what he does when he lies. Why is Zayn lying? What is he hiding from his best friends?

**********

Extremely short but I needed to update :( so there you go! Please don't kill me! Would you like short & quicker updates or long & slower updates?