Chapter 2

You all hate Zayn mwauhaha. It gets better though :) xx Emily

***

*Emma's POV*

Well, hello there. I'm the ex best friend of Zayn Malik. Back then, he wasn't Zayn Malik of One Direction. He was just Zayn, the sixteen-year-old boy who chickened out on auditioning for The X-Factor the first year he signed up. I'm the one who encouraged him to go, the second time he signed up. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even know the dark haired boy existed. I, personally, don't want to know that he exists. I would rather him stay as far away as possible. But no, he has to find me in slutty clothes at a party.

Yes, I consider myself quite the slut. I really am. I used to hate alcohol, short skirts, skin tight tops, and high heels. I still do, but I drink and dress like a whore. Why? I never thought I could find anybody besides Zayn. So I eventually learned that I'm kind've pretty and I have a decent figure. If you show that off enough, somebody will take interest in you. Having one night stands was my way of getting over the Bradford boy. It didn't work that well, though.

I was still emotionally a wreck. I cry myself to sleep at night, unless I'm drunk and screwing some random guy. Zayn has no idea how much he messed my life up when he left me.

And now he's here. He wants everything to just go back to normal. I'd love for that to happen. But I've become more independent and stubborn over the years. No way would I ever let him just waltz back into my life like that. I'm not as desperate as he thinks. Well, I am. I just refuse to let him know.

"Hello, love!" A blonde boy with an Irish accent approached me. I put on a fake smile, hoping maybe he could be the one to take my mind off of Zayn for the night.

"Hi, I'm Emma." I replied.

"I'm Horan, Niall Horan." He went all James Bond on me. Seriously? At least he didn't do the 'how much does a polar bear weigh' joke. Wait, Niall Horan? He's in One Direction. Oh shit. "So did you come here alone?" He winked at me.

"I- Uh- I have to go." I stammered, walking away from him nervously. I found my way through the crowd of people and into the kitchen. A boy with a shaved head and the sweetest brown eyes sat there alone. He was also known as Liam.

"Hi! I'm Liam!" He said excitedly. I kept my head down and left, looking around for anymore of Zayn's band members. I saw Harry dancing with Jade. So when she said her new date was Harry, she meant Harry Styles. That would've been useful. I ignored the tempting alcohol around me and eventually got to the hallway to the bedrooms. I was already a little tipsy. No need to get completely wasted and do anything stupid.

"Hey, where you going?" The Irish accent called from behind me. I swore under my breath and turned to face him. He looked confused. "Why'd you run off like that?" Niall asked.

"I- Uhm- I heard my friend saying my name." I lied.

"Oh, well, did you find her?" He asked. I nodded. "Oh, cool." He said, making the situation awkward.

"It's getting kinda late... It was nice to meet you Niall. I'm gonna be on my way home." I told him, trying to get away as soon as possible.

"Let me walk you to your car." He insisted. I reluctantly agreed. I got my purse out of Jade's room and we went down to my car.

"Thanks for - uh - walking me out here." I thanked him.

"Did you drink any?" He asked.

"Yeah, but not much." I said honestly.

"Well, we have a driver. Why don't you just stay here until me and my friends leave? We could drop you off at your place." He offered. Riding in a vehicle with Zayn? Hah, no.