Chapter 14

*Emma's POV*

"Em?" A familiar voice said, disturbing my not-so-peaceful sleep. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Zayn. I stared at him in confusion until I remembered what happened. "You okay?" He asked me. I nodded. "The boys are going out for breakfast. We can go if you want to." He told me.

"Harry bought me foundation, didn't he?" I asked. Zayn nodded. "Yeah, then I guess we can go. I'll pay you back for the stuff you got me, by the way." I said, getting out of his bed.

"What makes you think I'll let you pay me back?" He chuckled. "You don't have to, mainly because I won't let you."

"Zayn-"

"Nope, I don't wanna hear it." He cut me off. "Here's your clothes from yesterday, by the way. I washed and dried them." He said and held out my neatly folded clothes. I can wear them out to breakfast, I guess. "Oh, and I'll stop by your flat and get you some more clothes. I know I seem like a control freak, but I don't want you staying alone." Zayn explained to me.

"It's fine." I stated. "Thank you." He left so I could change, after he gave me the foundation that Harry bought. I got dressed and looked at the makeup. It wasn't the brand that I get. This one was more expensive. Even though the one Harry got was more expensive, it was still the right color for my skin tone.

I put it all over my face and smoothed it out. Then I put some on my arms where bruises were visible. The rest were hidden under my clothes. I sighed. I hate these stupid bruises. I hate not being able to sleep without it hurting. My sleep last night was terrible. All I could dream of was Josh's fist coming at me. I woke up crying twice. Zayn was there for me both times. I know I hated him a couple days ago, but now I'm really glad that he found me at the party. There's no telling where I would be, if he didn't. Probably wasted, screwing some guy at a party on a Tuesday night. That's just how classy I am.

I opened the door and walked down the hallway, seeing the five boys in the living room watching the news.

"Malik was last seen carrying the unconscious girl out of a local coffee shop." A news reporter stated. Fuck, they're talking about me.

"We just received word that her name Emily Levine. She is eighteen years old and from Bradford, just like Zayn. She works at the coffee shop that she was carried from. Levine is a resident of New York, New York." A male reporter read from a piece of paper. "We also have security camera footage of the fight that took place inside the shop, that we will show after this break."

"That's fucking great." I muttered. They all looked up in surprise.

"Did you see all of that?" Zayn asked me.

"Most of it." I muttered. I want to know who the fuck gave them all of my information. That's not cool, bitch.

"Maybe we should turn the TV off and leave." Harry suggested as he grabbed the remote.

"Good idea." Liam agreed. They turned the television off and we all went to the parking lot. Zayn and I went in his car, while the rest went in Harry's.

"That's gonna get you in trouble, isn't it?" I asked him the question that had been bothering me.

"What?" He questioned.

"They have footage of you beating Josh up. That's gonna get you in trouble with management." I stated with a frown.

"They don't have a logical reason to be mad at me. Was I supposed to just let him beat you up? I don't care if I get in trouble. And the cunt deserved it too." He shrugged. "So when are you gonna tell me why he did that?" He asked me a question this time.

"Uhm... It's nothing much." I lied to him and watched as his grip tightened on the steering wheel. I chewed on my lip nervously.

"So he beat you up over nothing much? I'm not gonna believe that, Emily." He used my real name, and I knew he was serious.

"It's not a big deal, Zayn." I said simply. "We just disagreed over something stupid."

"Which was..?" He inquired.

"Something stupid." I mumbled. His knuckles were turning white from how hard he was gripping the leather steering wheel. He dropped the subject and turned up the radio. The City by Ed Sheeran was playing. I started humming along.

"You like Ed?" Zayn inquired. I nodded. "I'm pretty good friends with him. You know, I have his number. Maybe I could hook you up with an autographed album."

"You're kidding." I said in disbelief.

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Yes, you are." I refused to believe him.

"Do you want me to call him and prove it?" He tested

"No." I shook my head.

"Why?" He questioned.

"You're driving." I said simply. The rest of the car ride was quiet, with the radio playing in the background. When we arrived at the restaurant, I realized we were close to the coffee shop. We were about two blocks away. The thought of being near it made me feel uneasy.

"You alright?" Zayn asked me.

"Yeah. It's just that- Uh, never mind." I cut myself off, deciding I should just shut up for my own good. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Nothing. I'm fine." I reassured him. He narrowed his eyes at me, trying to figure me out.

"So what's really bothering you?" He asked, leaning back in his seat.

"Nothing. I'm fine, I promise." I said.

"So why do you look so nervous?" He asked me.

"I look nervous?" I questioned.

"Emily," He used my real name for the second time today, "tell me what's wrong."

"I'm fine." I told him.

"Lies."

***************************

Heeeey guysssss. I'm having another little brother/sister in January! My mom is 8 weeks pregnant :) What do you guys think we should name him/her? Oh, and I'll definitely tell you guys the gender when I find out.

And can anybody make me a cover for this story?! I hate the one that it has now. I've had it forever and I suck at making covers :( I'll give you a dedication if you make me one!!

Do any of you guys have kiks and want to talk? I don't have much of a life and I'm home like all day and I need something to do. Soooo yeah! Keep reading, voting, commenting, following, and whatnot! xx couldntcareless