Chapter 6

"Emmy Bear! Wake up! Your favorite best friend is here!" An annoying voice screeched. I rolled over in bed, ignoring the person. Wait, I live alone. Who the fuck is in my apartment? I sat up in panic and saw Zayn Malik sitting at the foot of my bed Indian style.

"How the hell did you manage to get in my bloody apartment?" Yes, I said bloody. Don't forget I'm from England too. I just lost my English accent. It was never really thick, since my mum is completely American.

"You shouldn't leave your door unlocked, love." He chuckled.

"Why are you here so early? It's like seven." I groaned.

"Actually it's nine thirty, Em." He chuckled again. I glanced at my clock and sighed. Of course he's right. I completely forgot that he was coming over today. "I heard you ran into Liam and Niall yesterday."

"Mhm, they were at the grocery store. Liam had to get my cereal for me." I laughed. I hate being short. I'm about 5'3 and hating every minute of it. Zayn is like 5'8 and used to always pick on me about it.

"Still short as ever, I see." He joked.

"You just be quiet." I rolled my eyes. "And get out so I can get ready." I ordered. I sleep in a tank top and Soffe shorts. I don't have a bra on. No, I'm not getting up until he leaves.

"I can't stay and watch?" He cheekily whined.

"No. Now out." I told him. He obeyed and closed my door after walking away. I stood up and did my hair in a ponytail. It was so fried from being bleached. I put on a white Maroon 5 t-shirt and pink and green thin-striped flannel pajama pants. Of course, I also put a bra on. I went into my en suite and brushed my teeth. Makeup or no makeup? Well, I'm not going anywhere or seeing anyone important today. No makeup it is!

I pulled on a pair of zebra print socks because my apartment is always freezing. I don't have a clue how to work the heater or whatever. So I just tough out the cold. I stepped into the hallway and saw Zayn staring at my thermostat.

"You keep it freezing in here." He mumbled, punching a few buttons and whatnot. I shrugged.

"I don't know how to work that thing so I just freeze." I explained.

He turned and looked at me. "Really? That shirt?" He asked.

"What about it?" I looked down at my shirt in confusion.

"There's a band called One Direction, you know?" He rolled his eyes.

"Nope, never heard of it." I sarcastically replied.

"Okay, so what are we doing on this fine day, besides get frostbite because you don't know how to work a heater?" He asked.

"I don't know. I could go back to sleep and you could go home." I suggested hopefully. I like sleeping.

"Nah, I'm good." He shook his head. "How about movies?" I nodded, giving in to his idea. "I think we should watch The Notebook."

"You're such a girl." I giggled.

"Fine, then we'll watch The Shining." He smirked.

"But you know I hate sc-"

"Nope, I'm proving that I'm not a girl!" He interrupted me. I frowned and got several blankets from my closet. I can't watch a movie at home without a blanket. I handed him one and settled into one corner of the sofa. He was on the complete opposite side. "You're really gonna stay so far away from me? What about when you get scared?" He teased. I frowned and ignored him as the movie started.

Halfway through, and I'm shaking.

"C'mere, Emmy." Zayn said, opening his arms. I immediately crawled over, even though I was so embarrassed. That movie is fucking scary. He lied with his back against the back of the sofa and I was in front of him with my back against his chest. His arm was wrapped around my waist securely. "You scared?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded slowly. "Who's the girl now?" He teased.

"Douche." I muttered.

"I'm just kidding, Emmy. You know I love you." He told me and hugged me tighter. I couldn't tell whether it was an 'I love you as a friend' or 'I love you as a girlfriend'. I couldn't even decide which one I wanted it to be.

I sat through the rest of the movie, covering my eyes and wincing at certain parts. I never scream during movies, though.

"Can we do anything else?" I asked hopefully. He still didn't let go of my waist after I rolled over to face him.

"You know, for hating me, you always end up in bed with me." He smirked.

"This is a couch." I defended myself. "And you put me in positions where I have no other choice." I added.

"Touché." He replied and winked.