Book Two Chapter 16

Chapter 16

On the drive back to the camp site my head was spinning with thoughts and ideas of what would come next, though if I waited till Jeff gets home and finds the little surprise I left him he would surely be expecting more to come, and that could prove difficult for me to capitalize on. I turned to Patrick and demanded to know the closest safe house, he stuttered with his words, I'm guessing from shock that we were going to do more damage so suddenly after just killing Jeff's girlfriend and burning his house down. I am sure he expected to lay low for a while but I have no intention of slowing down now, I will hit him hard and fast and I will not let up till he has nothing and nobody left, then I will hunt him down and take my time killing him.

Patrick reluctantly gave me directions to the nearest safe house, to my surprise it wasn’t in a shitty neighborhood but rather a very nice house in an uptight looking neighborhood, smart I thought to myself, who would expect dirty dealings coming from a place like this? Good way to keep a low profile.

"Alright Patrick, this doesn’t look like a typical safe house; what the hell goes on here?"

"This is one of three money houses Steven but this is his first, it’s also the biggest and by biggest I mean it holds the most capitol of all three."

"And by capitol, I assume you mean cash?"

"Exactly and only a few people know about these places, he buys them and then remodels them by all appearances but he uses the remodel as a cover up to the fact that all he is really doing is hiding all his money inside the walls of the house."

"So your best guess, how much money are we talking here?"

"Not even I know the real total here Steven, but my best guess is at least five million. Jeff has been at this for a long time and he controls the major drug trafficking in South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska as well as North Dakota and prostitution in them all as well."

"Holy shit and this is just one of three, how does he buy all these homes and not draw attention? I mean he has to have an explanation of where the money is coming from, I don’t see how you can own three homes of this stature and nobody gets suspicious, plus all the lower end houses he runs his drugs and whore houses out of."

"He owns his own construction company as well as three different clubs here in town that he uses as fronts for what’s really going on, he buys these houses hides all his money in the walls then he puts the homes in different family members names and gives it to them so he doesn’t draw the attention, it's perfect, they move in having no idea what’s really going on; they just think his businesses are doing really well and by their books they are, he fixes the books. Jeff also has several cops on his pay roll, so he always has a heads up if there is any suspicion from inside the department on any of his places and all his drug houses are not in his or his family’s name, he puts them in members of his crews name."

"So let me get this straight, he has at least five million dollars hidden in the walls of this home and the only defense for it is his family that lives here, and they don’t even know there’s money in the walls?"

"That’s correct, his parents live here with no Idea of the money, he doesn’t have it guarded cause like I said only a few people know about it. That’s only cause we did the dry walling work ourselves so he could keep it under wraps, and his parents are not here right now they are at work so we can get in there easy, bust up the walls, take the money and get out without hurting them. They don’t deserve to die, they're good people, not like Jeff and they're clueless to what he’s doing."

“You’re sure they don’t know?"

"Yes, I am positive"

"Alright then, how do we get in without setting off alarms?"

"I have the security code and copies of the keys to all three houses I made them while I was working on dry walling the money for him, Jeff never got his hands dirty doing the work, it was always me and my brother. We always knew not to steal from him or we would end up dead, however I made copies as a safety measure just in case we ever wanted out. I just pray to god you know what you’re doing Steven, because he will kill us all."

"Just get me in the house and leave Jeff to me, I promise you we will all get through this just fine Patrick."

Patrick got out of the car and crossed the street and up the driveway to the house like he owned the joint, fumbling through his keys he unlocked the front door and quickly punched in the code to the security pad. Then a moment later the garage door opened and he signaled me in, I started the car and backed it into the garage as Patrick closed it. I climbed out of the car and followed him into the house it was massive and truly amazing, he lead me into the living room he walked over to the fire place grabbing the poker and lunging at the walls, tearing them up it took him about fifteen minutes to clear the drywall away and expose bags of cash filling all the spaces between the 2x4's that made up the structure of the walls. I began grabbing as many bags as I could carry in a single trip and took them to the car stuffing the trunk while Patrick tore down more walls, uncovering more and more bags of cash till we could stuff no more in the car without drawing attention through the windows. I covered the bags in the back seat with blankets then returned to Patrick, telling him that was enough.

I grabbed several more bags and dumped the cash out all over the house sending Patrick out to the car, then turned on the gas to the stove in the kitchen I walked to the door to the garage turning around I bent down and pulled a lighter from my pocket igniting some cash on the floor then quickly went out the door closing it behind me. Patrick opened the garage door and I drove out telling him to get in quick, forget about shutting the door it wouldn’t matter in a few minutes, he jumped in and we drove off making it about four blocks before the explosion.

"What the fuck was that Steven?"

"Just because you felt his parents were good people and did not deserve to die, does not change the fact that Jeff bought them that home with dirty money, though he doesn’t live there is still technically his property and I told you I will take everything from him before I kill him, now give me directions to the next money house."