Book Two Chapter 4

Chapters Four

I must have ran three miles before I collapsed, putting as much distance between myself and the police as possible; I laid there in the grass for a while trying to catch my breath. Once I caught my breath I called Stacey on one of the disposable phones I stole at Wal-Mart a while back, she answered on the first ring sounding panic stricken as I told her where they could pick me up at.

I got off the phone and sat there waiting for them to arrive, thinking about everything that just happened back at the motel, I was insane to take on that entire group; I was lucky to be alive. What was I thinking? These were just a few of the things running through my head, along with the ego boost of accomplishment, of knowing in such a short amount of time I took out ten guys. I am getting better at this, though I do miss taking my time on one person, feeling their misery and pain as I torture them slowly till their body can no longer take any more and they slip off into the abyss and I get to watch the entire process.

I miss that and I want it back, unfortunately in reality not every single time do I get the opportunity to have that; sometimes you’re just forced to react to your current situation. I think that can prove more thrilling and challenging in the aspect that your victim is your equal, no chains, no rope no restraints at all; just them and you. Who will be better, more ruthless in the end and I am beginning to grow fond of this as well.

Stacey, Samuel, and Kimberly pulled up into the parking lot, I jumped up and took the drivers spot from Stacey.

"Well Samuel, you’re in the clear; they won’t bother you anymore. Now your place is gone, you can collect your insurance and retire a happy, care free man."

"I am just glad you’re ok son, I was worried to death those men would kill you, did you lead police right to them? I bet they were not expecting that at all."

“Umm no Samuel, I think you are confused, I never had any intention to get them arrested. They are all dead Samuel, I killed every last one of the bastards for you."

"Wait you did what Steven? Please dear god tell me your joking, you can’t have killed them. I can’t be any part of this, I can’t go to prison Steven you need to turn yourself in before things get worse here Steven. I’ll tell them about earlier and that it was self-defense; let’s go to the police."

I pulled the truck over to the side of the road, what had I done, I truly thought Samuel was on board with what was going to happen but now he denies knowing what my intentions had been. How could he not have known? Was this entire situation a set up? I am not going to the police; all I did was help this old bastard out, now he wants me to go to prison? Hell with that, I would be looking at death row; it’s not going to happen I thought this old man was my friend.

I reached behind my back gripping the .45 and sliding it from my jeans, nodding to Stacey her eyes got big and she scrambled for a pillow and covered Samuel’s face with it; pulling back hard suffocating him.

"Don’t shoot him Steven; he’s old we can make it look natural, peaceful even if we just do it this way and ditch him at his home in bed, it will look like he died in his sleep; no questions and its kinder this way."

I helped her hold the pillow over his face as he scrambled around trying to get away, for an old man he fought back strong and held in longer then either me or Stacey would have expected but finally the struggling stopped, we held the pillow a little longer to be safe. We then removed it slowly, his facial expression was far from peaceful, I searched him for his wallet and got his home address.

We drove back to his house and carried him inside, placing him in bed and closed his eyes and mouth, he looked a little more natural this way; covered him up making it look like he died in his sleep. I looked everything over really good and it looked pretty believable to me, we cleaned up behind us and worked our way back out of his house, returning to the truck where Kimberly remained tied up. We climbed in and headed to the new motel to get some rest.

When we arrived Stacey jumped right out and went to go inside, but when I didn’t climb right out she turned around.

"What’s the holdup? Let’s get your slut inside and get some sleep, we need to leave early Steven."

I smiled, "actually Stacey, why don’t you go inside get cleaned up and get to bed, I would like a little time to get to know Kimberly a little better."

I saw Stacey’s eyes get kind of big and her face go blank for but a moment, then I could see her fighting back the urge to cry but she just looked down to the ground nodded her head. Stacey closed the door walking inside, she knew that I wanted this but I think she believed in time I would change my mind, or at least hoped but I hadn’t, it was still all I could think about and finally it was time.