The butterfly challenge

A week had passed by and Emily's cut was completely healed. Just like her mother, she healed pretty fast. It was early in the morning and Emily woke up her father with "my cut has healed. What now?" Ian's eyes opened wide and he hopped out of bed.

He quickly got dressed and made breakfast for the two of them. After they ate a decent breakfast, Ian had Emily turn the chair around, so it was facing the hallway and Ian kneeled in front of her.

"What's all this for?" Emily asked. He gave her a signal to be quiet and listen. "I'm giving you a challenge to complete." Ian told her. "It's called 'The butterfly challenge' and you're going to complete it." Now Emily was confused.

"Okay, how does the challenge work?" Emily asked. Ian walked into the office grabbed a permanent marker and made it back to emily. He sat down and grabbed her wrist.

He began to draw on her. " what is it and why does it look like a butt?" Emily questioned. "Shh, I'm not the best artist," Ian said to her. He finished his drawing and closed the marker. "It's a butterfly, if you were wondering." Emily cracked a smile as she studied the "butterfly".

"Now, here's how the challenge works. I drew a butterfly on you. You have to keep him alive by not cutting your wrist. If any part of him is cut, he's dead and you loose the challenge. If he fades, which he will, keep him alive by re-drawing the crappy outline." Ian explained.

"So this will help me not cut?" Emily asked. Ian nodded and smiled. "This will be another way of me helping." Emily hugged Ian and went into her room to hang out.