On her death bed

When Emily arrived home the next day, without being chased, she started on her math homework. One of the nurses ran out of her mother's room with tears in her eyes. Emily looked at the nurse and knew that she had some bad news.

Emily walked into her mother's room looking like a ghost from head to toe. She was on the verge of crying and tried so hard to hold it in. Emily's mom wasn't looking good at all.

"Emily, come closer." Her mother called. Emily leaned forward to talk to her mother. The nurses left and closed the door to give them privacy.

"Emily, I know I was an awful mother. I never helped you grow up, I ignored you and never got invovled with your bullying." Her mother began to cry, which made Emily tear up.

"Mom, its okay." Emily shook her head. "No, it's not okay. Grandma was right, I not made to be a mother. Well, I just want you to know that I'm not here on earth for much longer. I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it? I'll do it?" Emily was handed two addresses and a couple of documents. "I want you to find your father. Track him down wot this address and give him these papers and have him sign it. Once he signs it, you send it in the mail with the other address and you will live with him until you're eighteen."

Emily couldn't say anything. All she could do was nodd. "I'll find him. I promise."

"Good, now your uncle will drive you to Sacramento. I'm sorry it has to end this way baby. I love you and I'm so sorry." Emily's mother held her daughter's head and looked into her eyes ones at time.

"What about school? How am I gonna get an education?" Emily asked. "I signed you out of your school. Once you live with your father, he'll transfer you to the high school there. No more bullying baby."

Emily smiled and stared at her dying mother. "You look just like him, with your crystal bule eyes. Now go back your bags. Your uncle is picking you up soon."

Emily did what her mother said and packed her bags and her other belongings. She tried so hard to drop the situation but it was drilled in her head and always will be, Emily was moving. Not just from her bullying, but also from her mother.