E i g h t e e n

She looked down to the child beside her. He was holding her hand tightly as they walked together. He looked nervous and scared, both at the same time. She stopped on her tracks, bending down to be eye level with him and stroked his hair softly.

"It's okay. It's gonna be alright. Neverland is a place where you'll be free." She smiled reassuringly in which the younger boy nodded.

It's a new boy whom she brought to Neverland. She's on her way to meet up with Peter with the news. She smiled excitedly when she realised that they were near to camp.

Walking around, she didn't see Peter. Just the lost boys, doing their normal duties. She felt the boy's small hands on hers tighten. He got more nervous seeing the boys.

"Don't worry,"
She whispered, audible enough for the boy to hear. They roamed around for a few minutes and still no sign of Peter.

"Where is he?"

Just as she was about to enter his tent, she heard voices from the forest. The voices were audible to hear, but it was unclear and she can't make out the words.

Her eyes glint with curiosity, and she walked towards it with the boy. She was careful to not make a sound, not wanting to disturb the conversation.

"I've seen you getting more clingy to her, Pan." A voice said, emphasizing the word 'her'.

"Who? (Y/n)?"
She flinched at her name.
It's surely Peter and Felix.

Silence dwelled onto them.

But then Peter laughed.
"My, Felix, how are you so naive? Surely you got to know that it's all part of the tricks."

She felt like an arrow was just shot right through her heart. Tears stinging her eyes and it threatened to fall. The young boy sensed her discomfort and held her hand tightly, his eyes showing a little bit of concern.

Finally remembering about the little lost boy, she chuckled slightly. A fake smile forced it's way to cover up her sadness. Her emptiness.

She released the boy's hand and kissed his forehead lightly.

"I can't help you anymore, dear." She smiled again.

"All you have to do is go to them, okay?" And with that, she gave him one last smile before turning away.

She flew away, the tears falling endlessly.

The boy just stood there. Scared to even move. He was about to run, but unfortunately his foot stepped on a twig.

"Who's there?"

He flinched as Peter finally saw him and headed over to the poor boy. His face was full with confusion when he saw him.

"What are you doing here?"

The boy's eyes were full of fear.
"Th-The girl, brought me...here..."

Peter's eyes widened as he realised that she saw what he had done. The sky darkened, drops of rain hitting the ground.

"(Y/n)..."

Thirteen days down, seventeen more to go.