S i x t e e n

"Ugh,"
He clutched his chest as he began to cough repeatedly. He felt this pain in his chest, not because of something inwardly but it hurt physically. It's like someone stabbed him with a knife.

This is weird.
"What's with the sudden pain?"
He asked himself, hands still on his chest. 

Every since yesterday, he has been coughing and there is this pain on his back. For all he knew, he didn't do anything that could injure himself. Yet why has the pain suddenly occurred?

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.
"Pan! Pan!"
He rolled his eyes and unlocked the door, revealing a sweaty Felix. Probably have been running to get Peter.

"What is it?" An annoyed tone laced on his question.

Felix took a moment to catch his breath before finally mumbling out,
"It's (Y/n). We found her unconscious in the woods."

His eyes widen as he understood what he meant. He gritted his teeth and his green eyes glared at the ground.
"Bring her to me."

In just mere seconds, a few of the lost boys carried her into his tent. They placed her onto his cot gently and left the other stuff to Peter.

She looked terrible.
Her shirt was soaked with a dark liquid in the shade of red, bruises and scratches decorating her face. Gently lifting up her dress, he saw a big cut on her sides which led to her back.

Yet even in this state, she's a real beauty.

He watched as her chest rise and fell as she took soft breaths. It's good to know she's still breathing. Peter sighed, wondering where she got this.

"What happened to you?"
His fingers grazed onto her wound on her side and he felt a strange tingly feeling on his side too. Weird.
He scratched her cheek and he could feel the pain on his cheeks.
So whatever pain she feels, he feels it too. It makes sense, since she has always been his shadow.

He kissed her forehead and magic surrounded her, resulting in healing her wounds and bruises. Her dress back in good shape. He was about to leave her to rest but suddenly she spoke up, stopping him in his tracks.

"W-Why.." A tear slipped down her cheek.

"You're awake." He said calmly. Her face showed anger and sadness, both at the same time and he could tell.

"Why would you heal me when I already know your true intentions?"

She glared at him in which Peter replied with a sigh. He brushed a strand of hair away from her delicate face and answered with a shrug. He doesn't know. He doesn't know why he felt the need to heal her. To help her.

"(Y/n), you got it all wrong."
He was cut off by (Y/n)'s laugh.

"I do? Yeah right."
Her expression darkened before she continued,
"Say that to yourself, idiot."

She snapped her fingers, and instantly she was gone. Peter growled under his breath.

It was then on that moment that he realised his mistake. His mistake on attempting to use her when he actually loved her.

And there goes his chances.

Fifteen days down, fifteen more to go.