Chapter 11~ Durmstrang Boys

Chapter 11

Hermione's P.O.V.

Oh my gosh!

That's all I've been able to think since Izzy told me that she liked George back.

I smiled to myself as I walked down from my room.

As I entered the CR, I passed Harry and Ron who were busy discussing the hint that Cedric had given him about finding the golden egg clue.

As I walked over to the portrait hole, I over heard a conversation that Fred and George were having.

"I'm going to do it." I think it was George who was talking.

"Today at breakfast, I'm going to ask Katie to the Yule Ball."

I felt my heart stop.

If Izzy saw him ask Katie to the dance, she'd be heart broken.

I had to find someway to keep her from getting hurt. But how could I do it all on my own?

Then it hit me.

Cat!

She'd be able to help me.

I had planned on going to the library before breakfast, but it looked like I was heading to the dungeons instead.

I ran out of the CR and flew down the stairs, almost falling. Thankfully, all the stairs were lined up just right.

I ran to where the Slytherin CR entrance was supposed to be.

I waited for about 30 minutes before I heard,

" Hermione?" I turned around and there was Cat "What're you doing in the dungeons?"

I grabbed her arm and pulled her down an empty corridor.

"I need your help! It's about Izzy. I need you to stall her this morning. She can NOT go into the GH for breakfast."

She narrowed her eyes. "Why?"

"George likes her, and she likes him. But she heard him talking the other day about how he's going to ask Katie Bell to the Yule Ball. The thing is, he's only asking Katie, because he saw all of those guys ask her, and he thought that she already had a date!" I said, all in one breath

She gasped. "We can't let that happen. Come on 'Mione! Izzy already went to the GH!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me up flights of stairs and into the GH.

We saw Izzy sitting at the Slytherin table with Draco and Blaise, eating a peice of toast.

We ran over to her. "Oh hey guys!" she said smiling at us "Where we you?"

"Hey Izzy! Can you help me with something?" I asked

"Sure 'Mione, what is it?" she asked, taking another bite of her toast.

I racked my brain. What would she help me with.

"A potion!" I blurted out

She gave me a questioning look. "Draco told me you're top of your year in potions. What potion could you possibly need help with?"

"Uhhh..." Damn it! "I can't remember the name of it. Come with me and I'll show you in my text book." I grabbed her arm and tried to pull her away, but she didn't budge.

"Let me at least finish my toast first." she chuckled and took another bite.

Cat nudged me, and tilted her head toward the Gryffindor table.

I looked where her head was pointed and saw what she meant.

George took Katie's hand, and pulled her up so they were standing.

Everyone in the GH was watching them.

Including Izzy.

"Katie," said George "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

"Yes!" she squealed and threw her arms around his neck.

The whole hall burst into applause.

Except for Izzy.

Her toast dropped from her hands and her face paled.

Her breathing stopped.

"Izzy?" asked Cat

She didn't respond.

Draco turned around to look at her and his eyes filled with concern.

"Cuz? You alright?" he asked, touching her hand

The contact seemed to bring her into motion.

"Yeah. I'm fine." she said, her voice raspy "Why do you ask?"

"Because George just asked Katie Bell to the Yule Ball in front of everybody." whispered Cat into Izzy's ear.

"So?" she asked, annoyance cutting clear through her voice

The 4 of us- Cat, Draco, Blaise, and I -looked at her.

"I need some air" she said, standing up and walking swiftly out of the hall.

Cat and I looked at each other and ran out after her.

Fred's P.O.V.

The whole hall burst into applause for George and Katie, with me being the loudest of course.

George grinned at Katie but it didn't reach his eyes.

What's that about? I thought

I shrugged and decided that I'll ask him later.

They sat down and Katie was instantly swallowed by Angelina, Alicia Spinnet, Lavender Brown, Pavarati and Padma Patil, Luna Lovegood, and our sister Ginny.

George turned to us guys (since we hadn't seen Hermione since this morning in the CR) and said to Harry and Ron,

"So gentlemen, have you found dates for the ball yet?"

They shook their heads and let out heavy sighs.

"Well Ron, I think I might have a solution for you." I said "Since Harry can't ask Lestrange to the ball 'cause they're both champions, there's nothing to stop you from asking her."

I felt George tense up beside me.

"Speaking of Izzy," Harry piped in "There she goes now."

He pointed over to where Lestrange ran out of the hall, Hermione and female Zabini running after her.

"Yeah!" said Ron standing up "I think I'll go ask her now."

"Wait a minute! She already has a date!" Harry yelled after him, but he was too far away to hear.

Izzy's P.O.V.

After I ran down several corridors, I finally lost Cat and Hermione.

I was just walking along, trying to clear my head of the image of George and Katie hugging, when I ran into a wall of some sort.