Chapter 9~ The Prefects' Bathroom

Chapter 9

I slipped quietly through the halls toward the the prefects' bathroom.

I got to the portrait of the pumpkin patch and tapped the pumpkins in order;

Bottom right, second from the top-4th on the left, then the biggest one in the center.

The portrait swung open to reveal an extremely large bathtub with at least 50 different water spouts, and 50 other individual soap pumps.

I made sure the door was locked tight and went over to the head of the tub.

I turned on the water spout that was labeled LILAC. Water started pouring out, and the room was instantly filled with the sent of lilacs. I turned a different nob and bubbles started to form in the water.

I set my egg down on the side of the bathtub and started to undress. I left on my bra and underwear, just in case someone came in.

I slipped into the water, immediately melting at how warm it was.

I reached over and brought the egg into the water. I put it under the water and dove down.

I opened it up, and instead of the usual screeching, out came;

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground.

While you're searching, ponder this,

we've taken what you'll surely miss.

An hour long, you'll have to look,

to recover what we've took.

Past and hour, the prospects black.

Too late. It's gone. It won't come back."

I came up out of the water, and grabbed a quill, some ink, and a piece of parchment, and wrote down the song.

I was so engrossed in writing, I didn't even notice that someone was watching me.

George's P.O.V.

I made my way to the prefects' bathroom. I hadn't been there in a while and the scented water always helped me to relax.

I came to the portrait of the pumpkin patch and tapped out the pattern;

Bottom right, second from the top-4th on the left, then the biggest one in the center.

It didn't open.

I tried it again, but the same result. I took out my wand and whispered,

"Alohamora"

The portrait swung open to reveal the extremely large bathtub that had at least 50 different water spouts, and 50 other individual soap pumps.

I sniffed the air, and the sent of lilacs danced over my senses. I always liked that sent.

Beside the spouts and pumps I noticed some clothes and a messenger bag.

Ripples started to form on the water and I quickly hid in the shadows near the head of the bathtub.

Izzy came up out of the water holding her golden egg.

She set the egg down on the side of the tub, and quickly grabbed a quill, some ink, a a piece of parchment from her bag, and began frantically scribbling down some words.

I felt a sneeze threatening to come out and I plugged my nose.

The tickled went away and I removed my hand.