Zombie Training

We sat in silence as we packed in the elevator and waited for it to reach our destination. I stood with my arms crossed in the large elevator, tapping my foot slightly. Maybe it was just the irony of the moment, or maybe it was the creepy elevator music that seemed sour and out of tune, but I started humming that song 'Die Young' by Ke$ha. Jeffrey had shown it to me a while back because he adored Ke$ha, however, I despised her.

       No hate guys, I mean I'm sure under all of her glitter and really awful personality and bad influence on children, I'm sure Ke$ha is a really really bad person.

    Just kidding.

    Kinda.

   Anyways, I was kind of humming lightly and bobbing my head while I was tapping my head. My friends around me didn't really notice. Little did I know, Ross, which I might add was on the other side of the elevator, glanced over and noticed me enjoying my little break away from the craziness. He smiled softly at my musical escape and tilted his head like a puppy that was interested. His smile faded into a strange feeling that started in his gut. He scrunched his brow in a confused manor. He grabbed his stomach with his hands and then returned his gaze to me. He couldn't shake the feeling that grew stronger as he watched me under the flickering elevator light. 

     Time itself seemed to slow down as he watched my long, brown locks bounce against my shoulders. Suddenly, I turned and froze, realizing he had been watching.

     Did Ross just see me? Oh crap! Now he thinks I'm even more of a loser than before! I looked down and then looked back up at his beautiful brown eyes. Have you ever just stared at Ross's eyes? I mean, not to fan girl while there are zombies ripping people limb from limb about, but I mean, look at them! They were.... beautiful. I mean I always liked blue eyes, but when you look at those puppy dog brown eyes with that golden blonde hair.. I mean you just don't find good quality brown eyes like Ross's. To me, they were the most perfect eyeballs on this planet. Not to fan girl or anything. And that dreamy little smirk he has. My eyes trailed down to his lips. I mean gosh I've never wanted to kiss someone's lips so bad. My eyes widened as I realized that I was staring. Of course, I stare at Ross all the time on photos, posters, and Youtube videos, but this was real! Ross can see me! 

        What a dork! I thought. We both turned away fast and fixed our hair before trying to catch a peek to see if the other was looking. 

      Just then Roxanne scooted closer to Ross, "Hey Ross!" She whispered seductively. She backed him up into the corner and trailed her fingers up his chest. 

    "Uh, hey Roxy!" His voice cracked and he became very nervous.

   I scrunched my lips like I do when I'm mad and pulled together my dark brown eyebrows. Ross had suddenly lost his dreaminess as I remembered that he wasn't what I thought. I kept trying to find my beat again, but I gave up.

         I lost the music.

     Caleb was carrying Ashleigh in his arms, because her leg was still in a lot of pain and we didn't exactly have an abundant amount of resources available. 

      BUMP! The elevator bumped once, shaking violently. And the lights went off temporarily, but  returned to normal in a second. Ashleigh's feet slapped Ratliff in the face, "I'm so sorry!" She apologized.

        He rubbed his face and smiled at her, "It's cool."

 Rydel fell backwards and bumped into a body. She turned close to the unknown person. Her eyes glided up the chiseled chest of Zack. He had his arms around hers, holding her in place, "Don't worry. I gotcha!" He winked at her.