As Long as You're Mine

CREEEEEAK! The door slid open almost silently but seemed as loud as if someone had threw a grenade in the room. We snuck in attempting to be as quite as Gazelles during hunting season. 

       Zack sat peacefully leaning against the wall with his eyes closed like nothing ever happened.

    We all let out a sigh of relief as we went back to our normal sleeping positions. Jeffrey smiled slyly at me and rested his head against the wall with his arms behind his head. I turned to Ross and smiled a 'We did it' smile, but he gave me a weak smile and nod and turned away abruptly.

     I squinted in confusement, but I figured he was just glad to be safe.

    I turned over on my back in between Kariann and Lynn and held the cross charm in my hands, "Thanks, Ashleigh." I kissed my hand, "I love you." 

        I said my prayers and went back to sleep.

    "Breakfast prisoners!" Riker joked as he threw packages on top of everyone who was sleeping. 

      He chunked one on my face, "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey!" 

    "We're having egss and bacon?!" Killerman sat up excitedly with him gaming device sitting in his lap like he fell asleep playing it.

         "In your dreams, little man!" Riker gave him a noogie on the top of his shaved head. Killerman punched Riker's hand away furiously.

     I sat up and wiped my eyes. The bright lights stung my eyes as I squinted to read the words on the package. It was purple with white zebra stripes.

     "Cinnamon roll?! No way!" Lynn cheered, "How'd you guys get this?!"

     "I found them when we were in the kitchen!" Kariann sat up, looking naturally perfect and beautiful as always.

     "Sweet!" Lynn opened hers and enjoyed a mouthful of the cinnamon goodness.

    I grinned and opened mine and let the sweet aroma fill my nostrils with delight. My mouth was practically watering by the time I bit into the roll, "Mmmmm!" I murmured. 

     Everyone chuckled at me, "Guess Jordan likes it!" Riker laughed and plopped down by Lynn to eat his. 

       Caleb smiled over at Kariann who gave him the cold shoulder.

   I held the necklace in my hand and gazed up at Ross, who wouldn't look at me and sat by himself, away from all of us.

     What is he doing, I wondered.

   "Kariann." Caleb set his hand on her shoulder, but she yanked it away.

    "What do you want?" She was making up the sheets on her cot on the floor.

     "I'm sorry I got so angry yesterday. Jeffrey told me that you were the main one who didn't want to leave my sister behind. I'm sorry for freaking out, but I mean, she was my sister!" He explained.

      Kariann stood up straight and turned around, not realizing that Caleb was standing really close to her. Her hands landed on his chest, and she slowly looked up into his eyes.

    He coughed and stepped back once, "Excuse me," He apologized.

    "Sorry!" She said at the same time politely. They both looked down at their feet and smiled, blushing softly.

    "I'm sorry too." Kariann admitted. Caleb sighed with relief and sat back against the wall and listened to her.

     "It's just... Ashleigh was my friend." She fluffed her pillow, I'm just tired of losing people!" She wrapped her arms around the pillow trying to hide her sobs, "What if everyone dies?! I'd much rather die now than have to watch my friends suffer!" She sobbed.