Her Last First Kiss

"They're ok." Zack came in from the other room with Rydel following behind him.

    Everyone turned their eyes to him.

      "Caleb and Riker found them trapped in the elevator and they're on their way back now." Zack explained as Rydel came over and wrapped her arms around his waist. He put one arm around her and squeezed her closer to him.

       "Phew!" Ashleigh smiled down at Ratliff who took her hand and returned a friendly grin.

    Kariann smiled, knowing Caleb and I would return safely. 

        "And what about Rocky and Megan?" Rydel peered up at him hopefully.

     He gave a solemn look that faded into sadness. He shook his head softly and muttered, "Dead."

      Rydel pulled away suddenly, crying out once loudly, "No!"

         "Megan?!" Kariann and Lynn both froze.

      Rydel darted into the other room in tears and Zack scanned everyone and followed after her to comfort her.

      "Rydel?" He saw her against a wall sobbing.

    "Ryland and Rocky are dead. Ross and Riker aren't back yet. My family is gone!" She cried as he came over and sat beside her against the wall, "Everything I know is drifting away." She wiped her nose, "Everyone I love is dying." Her puffy brown eyes locked into his, "What if I do too?"

       "Hey! Don't talk like that!" He took her hands and knelt down in front of her, "I will never let anything happen to you!" He grabbed her face and pulled it into his, smashing his lips rhythmically into hers.  

         She pulled back and hugged him, "Thanks Zack! I don't know what I'd do without you!" Rydel held him tight.

     Zack's eyes glinted a golden brown color, "I don't know what I'd do without you either." 

     "We're running low on food and water." Lynn came back from checking the resources.

   "Great, now we have to send another team out!" Jeffrey rolled his eyes, "I'll go!" 

        "No I'll go! I'm stronger than all of you combined!" Killlerman popped out of nowhere.

      "Why don't you just get Riker's team to get it?" Lynn asked Zack ignoring the feuding Jeffrey and Killerman.

      "I can't imagine sending Jordan and Ross on another mission after being trapped in an elevator for who knows how long?! And who knows what they've been through searching for Megan and Rocky?" Zack shook his head.

       "That's true." Lynn agreed, "I'll go." 

    "Me too!" Killerman jumped up.

      "No way! Zack, tell this kid he needs to stay here where it's safe!" Jeffrey took the gun from his hand, "And this isn't a toy!" Jeffrey held it up in the air as Killerman jumped up trying to grab it from him.

     "Give... it.... back!" He struggled. The boy stomped on Jeffrey's foot and grabbed the gun and darted behind Zack.

     "Ow!" Jeffrey grabbed his foot and hopped up and down and gave Killerman a deathly glare.

       "I think Jeffrey's right. You should stay here." Zack nodded.

   "Why don't we all go?" Kariann suggested.

       "Someone has to wait here for the others." Rydel added.

     "That's true and someone needs to keep an eye on Ashleigh."