Deathly ill

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Mrs. Miller's megaphone rang through the hall way as she blew commandments threw her horn.

     "Rise and shine, Yankees! Meet down at breakfast in thirty minutes for a day of fun!" Mrs. Miller popped her head in our door. 

        I sat up and wiped my eyes and pat down my hair. Megan groaned loudly and threw her pillow at the wall. Kariann, who was already up and ready, threw the pillow back at her face.

        "Come on you guys, get up and get going!" The early bird stretched out her yoga mat and stretched on the floor.

       I laughed and grabbed my phone and unplugged it and pressed the button on top to watch it light up. The picture of Ross lit up the room and my memory. 

        "Ross is here!" I remembered suddenly, "I've got to find him!" 

      "Jordan, you don't have time! You need to get ready to go sight seeing!" Kariann reminded me.

           "Crap!" I sat back against the fluffy white pillow and pulled the comforter over me. I bit my lip and thought hard for a moment. I did a sly grin and buried myself far down in the covers with Ashleigh getting up beside me.

       "What are you doing?" She asked.

      "Suddenly I don't feel so well!" I threw my hand over my forehead dramatically, "Is it hot in here or is just me? Why, I think I have a fever!" I gasped fakely. 

     Kariann rolled her eyes.

        COUGH! " I think you should call Mrs. Miller and tell her I simply musn't leave the hotel! I am far too sick to get out of bed!" 

       "I agree!" Megan mumbled and threw a pillow over her ears.

      "Oh be quiet! You're just lazy!" Kariann shoved Megan out of the bed.

      "How come Jordan gets to play hooky?" Megan whined and climbed back in the bed.

        "Because she's in love!" Kariann shoved her off again.

      Megan stood up and pouted, "Hello? ROCKY?!" Megan threw her arms up.

        "Hello? ROSS!" I mocked her.

     "Yeah! It would look suspicious if you both were 'sick'." Lynn pointed out from her book she was reading curled up in a chair in the corner of the room.

      "Very true!" Ashleigh agreed.

    KNOCK! KNOCK!

       We all jerked our heads as Mrs. Miller opened the door to our hotel room.

     "Knock! Knock! I hear one of our little tourist is sick!" Mrs. Miller came in with her fanny pack and  visor and a billion brochures of New York attractions.

          "Yeah love sick!" Lynn mumbled.

        Kariann elbowed her and Ashleigh as they giggled.

         "Yeah we can't seem to get Jordan out of bed!" Kariann came over and felt my forehead, "She does feel a little more heated than usual." 

        "Uhhh....." I grumbled, "I feel awful, Mrs. Miller! But, I think I can make it!" I flipped up the covers and tried to stand up, but crumbled to the ground.

     "Oh honey!" She helped me back into the bed, "You have all week for New York! You just get some rest ok?" 

       "If you insist!" I pretended to close my eyes and go to sleep.