Shower of Blood

The darkness faded as I sat up on the small couch in the living room that was perfect for my small six year old body. I did a over exaggerated stretch with my tiny tan arms. I couldn't really remember alot. I had that fuzzy feeling in my brain that you get right when you wake up where you're not really sure what's going on.  

        I leaped up and everything seemed.... taller.

        I peeked over and tried jumping up to look at myself in a mirror on the wall, but I was too short, so I climbed up on the golden couch and stared at myself. I grinned, revealing a missing front tooth. My long brown hair was in a scrunchy. Something seemed different about me.  

         The little six year old Jordan climbed down off her Grandmother's couch and sat there for a moment.

      Her face lit up with a toothless grin, "Ashleigh!" My favorite cousins were coming to my grandma's for Christmas and I could hardly wait. They used to live far away and we only got to see them a couple times a year, but we were still really close.

       That's when I realized that I heard people crying in the other room. I walked in and saw my aunt and uncle, Ashleigh's parents, hugging and everyone was really upset.

        "She didn't make it." I heard my uncle say as he shook his head, "The crash hurt her too badly."  

         I started breathing hard and it was very difficult to. Slowly I searched around but my slightly younger cousin was no where to be found. I started to panic.  

       "Mommy! What's going on?! Where's Ashweigh?" My words slurred from my toothlessness. I tugged on her shirt, but she was ignoring me.

        "Oh my gosh!" My mom gasped.

     "Mommy! Daddy?!" I went over to my dad and my older brothers, but no one would respond,  "Caleb? What happened?" I came up to Caleb who was talking to David, my older brother.

           "It was so scary!" Caleb freaked, ignoring me.

          "Guys!" I searched, but Ashleigh was gone.

          I sat on the floor and started crying as I heard everyone talk about how sad they were about the car crash and how she was dead.

         "Ashleigh's dead!" I cried. I laid on the ground and started sobbing wildly, but everyone ignored me.  

          "What's going on?" I heard the familiar voice of Ashleigh behind me.

          "You died!" I sobbed.

         "Oh no! How?!" Ashleigh sat down beside me.  

      "Ashleigh?" I looked up and wiped my tears, "ASHLEIGH YOU'RE ALIVE!" I hugged her neck.

              Everyone looked over at us and laughed.

          "What happened?" I asked everyone.

             "We crashed our car and ran into a deer." My aunt explained.

           I sighed, "I thought Ashleigh died!"  

          They all chuckled softly.

        "Wanna go play with our toys?" Ashleigh leaped up and asked.

           "Yeah!" I grinned and we ran back into the living room.

    I smiled and followed little me and Ashleigh. I looked in the mirror and was my teenage self watching a memory from long ago.