When You Love Someone

BOOM! 
   The thunder echoed in the dark, depressing sky. The clouds were covering the sun almost completely except for a small ray that shone down from heaven upon me and Ross. 
     Water droplets pelted down on us from above.
   I smiled at the rain, letting some of the droplets fall in my mouth.

      Lynn stood horrified at her mistake. The gun fell from her hand and crashed against the ground.
    CRASH! The gun fell and slid away from her.
    She cried out suddenly and fell to her knees, consumed in guilt. Jeffrey came over and hugged her, turning her away from the tragic scene before her eyes. He rubbed her back and tried to comfort her and watched as the scene between Ross and I played out.

      "No!" I darted as fast as I could over to him.
    POW!
   I stood there, gawking at the most incredible dead person I'd ever seen. I stood with knowing eyes of what was about to happen, "Ross! I will always love you!" 
     "Ah!" I fell as the bullet entered me.
   Ross's blue eyes suddenly widened. Something hit his heart and made it start beating again. Memories flooded into his mind like crazy.
          Everything was coming back to him now. 

      "Hi!" The spunky brunette girl appeared before my eyes. She had eager brown eyes and a bright white smile.
         "Uh.... hi..." I responded, slightly annoyed because I wanted to talk to Roxanne.
    "I'm Jordan." She held out her hand, but I kept looking over her, uninterested.
     "Ross." I had barely muttered.
       "I was wondering if you'd sign my pink converse?" She asked. 
      I didn't even acknowledge her.
          "Maybe some other time."

        BUMP! CRASH!
   "AH!" We all shrieked as the lights went out and we flew downward.
      DING! The lights cut on.
     I blinked my eyes open to adjust to the light only to see the girl's face really close to mine. Her arms were around my neck, and my arms around her thin waist. I stared into her bright brown eyes as she stared into mine. I glanced for only a half second down at her lips. I had never so badly wanted to kiss a girl in my life.
      We stared blankly at each other for a moment and  then pulled away abruptly. I cleared my throat, to play it cool. I even threw the old scratched the back of your head and start whistling like none of this ever happened.
          As if we didn't enjoy it.
        Because I did.

          I ran as far and fast as I could, trying to lead the zombies away from Riker and the other girl. I ran down and found it to be an alley blocked in. I ran to the wall and turned to be cornered by a group of the monsters.
     I shot down a few of them, but my gun ran out of bullets.
        "Help!" I called out.
     I knew it was hopeless, no one was going to find me now.
        Suddenly, she appeared.
      How did she find me?
     POW! POW! 
      She shot them down one by one. She said something, but I didn't listen. I was just watching in pure amazement. 
         The other boy showed up and killed a few zombies, but I didn't notice. All I seemed to see was a strange angelic glow shining down on her as I got closer to her.
         "You saved me!" I couldn't help myself. I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and felt her put her hands on my back in a warm embrace that sent shivers up my spine. 

         Stuck in an elevator with her? No way!
      "Ugh!" She rolled my eyes, "Just stay away from me while we're in here!"
          "Oh we won't have to worry about that!" I yelled back. He rolled his eyes, "I wish Roxanne was here..." I added, knowing it would drive her crazy.
           "At least I'm nice and some not princess pop star who always has to get what he wants and never thinks of anyone but himself!" She spat at me.
    "I am not a princess!" I fought back.
    "Wow!" She threw her hands in the air and turned away from me.
   "And I'm not some selfish celebrity! Sometimes I just need a break from it all!" I yelled. I was tired of people judging me. My schedule is practically booked for the next three years. I love it, but sometimes I just want to be normal.
       "Well I thought you were different, but obviously you're not." She turned and pointed a finger very close to my face and stared intensely in my wide eyes, "That's why I loved you. Because I thought you were different." She stepped back and turned away to sit in the corner, "I thought wrong."
      That hurt.
       "You loved me?" I flipped my hair proudly, trying to joke enough to make her smile. No use being trapped in an elevator with a ticked off girl.
      "Key word- loved- past tense."
  I sat down on the opposite side away from her again.
           We sat in silence. I wanted to say I was different.
     But actions speak louder than words.