No One Mourns the Wicked

"So tell me more about the mysterious Lynn who hides guns in her suitcases?" Riker took Lynn's hand as they sat against the wall in the hallway. 

     She blushed softly, "A girl's got to be prepared!" She joked.

      "So, what do you do when you're not drawing?" Riker smiled and swung their intertwined hands up and down.

      "I like to read or just hang out with my friends, or watch a good scary movie!" She smiled at him.

          "Sweet" He responded, "What about your family? What are they like?" He asked unknowingly.

      She paused and let her light brown strands fall in her tear filled blue eyes. He leaned over closer to her face, searching her eyes as she blinked, letting a tear fall out. 

        "My.... my dad died when I was about 10 or 11..."

    "Lynn..." Riker began, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked!" 

       "No, it's fine..." She peeked up from behind her light brown locks, "I usually don't talk about it, but..." She pushed a strand behind her ear and squeezed Riker's hand, "I trust you..." She whispered.

     Riker gulped softly as he stared at her flawless pale skin with a half smile in his lips. He paused, and waited for her to continue.

       She swallowed hard as she tried to find the words to begin, "My father was a scientist." She smiled, staring off into her own memories lingering around her mind, "I guess that's why I know so much. I got my brains from my father." She smiled, "We used to watch horror movies together and make fun of how make they were. He even helped me make a scary movie one time for this film festival at school. I was so young, but it was still so fun. I didn't have a lot of friends before I met Jordan..." She admitted, "And my dad was always there for me." A tear slid down her face as she glanced up at Riker's tear filled eyes. 

      "I loved him..." She broke her gaze and covered her sobbing eyes.

     "What happened to him?" Riker leaned in closer to her.

         "He... he died at work one day. The whole office went up in flames." She explained, "They think a cigarette started the fire.... a stupid, tiny cigarette." She started crying harder.

        "How could something so small destroy my whole life?!" She cried harder.

      "Hey! It's ok!" Riker wrapped his arms around Lynn, pulling her into him as she sobbed, hugging her knees and leaning against his strong body. 

      "I'm here." Riker pet her hair and closed his eyes. He kissed the top of her head and the pulled her back to look at her bright blue eyes, "Listen. When we make it out of all this, you and I can have a horror movie marathon and make fun of everything, alright?" He smiled.

       She smiled with red, puffy, blotchy eyes. She nodded.

      "I just got a message from Zack. We got to head back." Jeffrey informed a gaming Killerman.

         "Alright." Killerman stood up and grabbed his gun.

      "Hey, thanks for saving me back there." Jeffrey thanked him.

          "Anything for a bro." Killerman nodded.

     "We're bros?" Jeffrey raised an eyebrow, "I thought you hated me? You could have easily let me die back there." 

       Killerman shook his head, "I wouldn't have." He stretched out his arms and reloaded his pistol in his belt.

      "All this time we've been fighting, I don't understand." Jeffrey shook his head.