Telling- Sherlock

It was a blustery autumn afternoon, outside the leaves on the trees shuttered with the force of the wind.

You stood by the window, watching as tourists ran down the streets in search for a shop to shelter at. Slow footsteps sounded behind you and your husband stopped at your side.

You knew he was trying to deduce you. But you didn't feel like speaking, and you knew how to trick Sherlock into deducing something wrong.

"You're doing it again," he spoke, but you didn't take your eyes off the window. You were currently watching a mother escort her child across the street. The child had a cheeky smile and was obviously laughing at something the mother said.

"Doing what?" you replied, distracted.

"Blocking your emotions." He put an arm on your shoulder and stepped in front of the glass, blocking your view of the outside world. "Tell me what's wrong," Sherlock demanded, you fixed your gaze to his blue eyes.

He stared down at you with a focused look.

"Nothing's wrong," you said simply, averting your eyes to the mirror. Papers of his most recent case were taped up in an organized mess. Maps, newspapers, a police reports all showed one thing.

Two children had gone missing...

Thoughts whirled through your mind, you were overwhelmed by all the chaos.

You felt ready to vomit.

"Y/n, you look ready to faint," Sherlock slid his hand from your shoulder to your your hand, taking it tenderly and guiding you to the couch, pulling your legs up to his lap.

Outside, thunder clapped and heavy sheets of rain pounded against the window. You and Sherlock both paused to watch, only breaking your gaze when the door to the flat burst open and a drenched John stomped in.

"What fine weather it is," he grumbled, taking off his dripping jacket and hanging it up next to Sherlock's coat and scarf. His eyes drifted over to you and Sherlock and his cheeks dusted themselves with pink. "Sorry, I'll just-" he sidestepped over to his room, cautiously shutting the door.

You turned to Sherlock, he was awaiting for you to say something. You twisted the wedding band on your finger, a nervous habit you had picked up.

"Sherl, I've been wanting to tell you something for a while, but I'm not sure how to say it," you started, trying to keep your voice steady from the emotions building up. "I'm sure you've already figured it out, but I'm pregnant."

You looked up, wanting to see every emotion that flickered across his face. You wanted to see how he reacted.

His lips that had been sealed shut parted ever so slightly and he blinked rapidly a couple times.

So, he hadn't figured it out, you must have done a good job hiding the symptoms.

You watched as he concentrated, just for a second. A second was all he needed to peace together all the clues to see if you were right. His eyes closed as color drained from his face.

But then he brightened again, and his gaze mirrored yours. His eyes glazed over and you could see the shock but he also showed happiness.

He didn't say anything, he just cupped your cheek and leaned down, pressing his lips softly to yours.  You scooted closer to your husband and deepened the kiss.

But it all seemed to change. The kiss was sweeter, more gentle, it was like Sherlock was afraid you would break if he did anything more.

He pulled away and you felt a sad pang at the loss of contact.

"N-no words can describe exactly how I feel," your husband's voice wavered with emotions, he smiled down at you.

"I hope that is a good thing?" You tilted your head.

"Of course it is." He bent down and kissed you once more, holding you close.

But this time, you pulled away. Looking at the mirror with the missing children case and jumping as the room lit up with lightening.

"Don't worry." You snapped your gaze back to Sherlock. "I'm never going to let anything happen to you, or our child."