Chapter 14

Chase.

"C'mon let's go."

She grabs my hand and we both stand up.

"Now where?" I ask groaning and also ignoring the shiver I felt by her touch.

Did she ever rest?

"There's a lake not so far from here. It's amazing Chase and you'll really like the waterfall." She said it in such excitement and glint in her eyes which made me follow her like a lost puppy.

We both come down just like how we went up and I run behind Levi who was running ahead.

No but seriously, where does all the energy comes from?

Levi waits for me patiently as I catch up with her and then we start walking side by side, silently.

The sun was going down and the alluring smell of the forest spread everywhere. It was peaceful in this place.

I could hear the heavy fall of water as we reached more closer. The temperature gets cooler by each step we took and the smell of wet grass hits my nose.

We stop when we see the lake.

But then I see Levi moving ahead and I do the same.

The place was quiet and lonely. Each breath was a relief for a living. I watched the water flowing down from above and I breathe in, relaxing.

At this moment all I could think was, where the hell I've been my whole life to not notice this place but then again who in their right minds come to the forest in the middle of nowhere?

Levi does.

I watched as she stood on a big rock enjoying the water fall. The chilly wind pushes her hair back. Her eyes closed as she breathe.

She was living for a moment and not for memories and I find myself walking beside her and doing the same.

The light sprinkles of water were falling over us but I wanted to feel the wetness of it.

I, too, once in my life wanted to live for the moment so I did the impossible.

I took off my shirt and jumped in without thinking.

The water was cold but I liked it.

Once I come to the surface I look towards Levi.

She was surprised. Her eyes were wide and mouth hanging open but when she sees me, she grins widely than ever before and without thinking jumps in too.

"Wow Chase, whatever was that?" Her face was pulled into an amused grin.

I swim towards her and once again I find myself close to her.

I shrugged my shoulder as a reply.

She shakes her head smiling and then splashes water on me.

I glare at her but a wicked grin forms on my face.

Levi sees it and her face turns into horror.

"Chase, whatever are you thinking-"

Before she could finish her sentence I swim down under the water and grab her leg pulling her down with me.

I could see her eyes wide in the water. Her mouth formed into a balloon for air and small bubbles were coming out of it.

I laughed at her face.

I know we were under water and all but her face was formed in such a way that it was just funny to not laugh at it.

She literally rolled her eyes at me, if that was even possible under water and swam above the surface.