Chapter 26

Chase.

"Chase."

It was break and I was waiting for Levi when I hear the voice, it was Elene.

She looked kinda...soft today. I don't know, she looked weak. Elene was tough for all I know.

By looking at her face I decided to go a little easy on her though I still remember she wanted to take a revenge on Levi.

"Thanks." She says genuinely and I stood there confused.

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes and ask.

"Clarissa told me everything that you'd done." She mumbles and looks down feeling ashamed.

My eyes widen at this. Did she mean Clarissa? As in Leo & Clarissa from the...??

To say I was surprised would be the understatement cuz it felt like somebody pushed me off the cliff right now.

I couldn't even take in the information that Elene was the girl from the Hemilton Mansion.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of Elene, look at me." I say politely and my voice immediately becomes soft.

She looks up but her eyes shifts from anywhere but at me.

"Why are you ashamed? Because you don't have a normal life like us? Because you listen to all the yelling that your dad throws at you? Because you take all the pain? You should be rather proud about it Elene. You're stronger than everyone. You should keep your head high in pride not down in shame." I assured her. I don't know what got onto me. I wanted to comfort her because I could understand what pain she was going through. It was even worse than what I used to feel.

And beside that, she was somewhere doing the good job of keeping Leo away from all of it.

Elene just kept looking at me without uttering a single word, like she was searching for something.

"Can I hug you?" She says after some time and I don't know how to reply to that?

I mean she was asking me for a hug? Should I hug her? Or should I just...I don't know. I was not at all good with giving hugs.

Instead of denying it, I just nod my head awkwardly. Not really sure what to do.

She comes forward and wraps her arms around my neck. I awkwardly rest my hands on her waist.

We both pull apart from each other and just stand there.

"Thanks." She smiled and I nod my head.

"How do you know Levi?" I ask.

I seriously wanted to know how Elene knew Levi and why she wanted to take a revenge?

And that too on Levi? I mean, that didn't even sound right.

"Well because her parents are the reason why my big brother is in prison right now." She rolls her eyes and clenches her jaw.

"Take the revenge on their parents not on her and besides that, your brother must've done something wrong to be behind the bars right now." I say.

"Uhm...yeah...kind of." She scratches her head sheepishly.

"Don't Elene. Revenge won't do you any good."

She once again looks at me with same expression as before.

"Whatever happened to make you all soft and goody and kind and assuring?" She quirks her right eyebrow up, by far amused.

And without hesitating or fighting for the answer, I grinned and reply truthfully,

"Levi happened."

___________________________

I didn't see Levi during break. I know she had come to school. I had seen her going through classes.

Then why didn't she meet during break?

Was it about yesterday? Was now she too shy to come around? Or did I do something wrong?

I was being clingy that's for sure but I couldn't help it. I wanted to see her and talk to her about anything and everything.

I finish all my classes in disappointment and wait for Levi outside the school.

Everybody stormed off but still there wasn't any sign of Levi coming out.

Where the hell was she?

Concerned of her absence, I dial her number and after two rings she picks up the call.

"Hello."

Her voice sounded soft but not at all like Levi. There was a screech and roughness in her voice too.

"Are you okay? And where are you?"

My concerned voice was maybe what made her chuckle.

"Concerned, are we?" She says through phone but you could still hear the roughness.

Suddenly, she starts coughing on phone and I couldn't help but grow more concern about her.

"Are you okay Levi?" I ask softly.

"I'm-" she coughs and continues, "-I'm alright Chase."

I know she wasn't alright.

"Where are you?"

"Home." She mumbles and continues further, "- I wasn't feeling well." And coughs again.

"I'm coming."

I shut my phone and sit on my bike. I was all ready to drive when I remembered that I didn't know where Levi lives.

Calling her again on her cell phone, she picks up immediately.

"Missed me?" I could hear the tired smirk in her voice.

I rolled my eyes at this.

"Where do you live?" My voice was urgent and I wanted to just reach Levi.

"Wouldn't you like to know."

She was being playful but only I know she was trying to ignore my question.

"Levi." I take her name with my voice stern with warning, continuing I say, "-Tell me where you live."

"Why?" She questions.

"Because I want to see you."

"Why?"

"Because I want to."

"Why?"

"Because I fuckin' want to and I swear to god if you say 'Why' one more time, I'm gonna tie you to the bed and-"

"That's hawt." Levi giggles and I roll my eyes.

"Levi." My voice came out softer then I thought.

I was not at all in the mood to argue and that too over the phone.

"Hmm?" Her voice came from the other line.

"Tell me please."

I hear her sigh from the other side.

"29th Street, 4th Apartment in the row and 8th floor. You're welcome." She says and shuts the phone.

Well, there I go.