Chapter 3

Sweater weather by Neighbourhood on the side.

Chase.

After work, I finally reach the place where I thought it will be peaceful, Hemilton park.

Sure, I live alone and I had nobody to disturb me but it was more dangerous when you were alone. Your brain will suggest you thousands 'What Ifs' until you lose your mind. It was hard to be honest, this life I mean.

I snort thinking about the rich brats at our school. They had everyth- ah ! Here I go again complaining. I should seriously stop or it would eat me aliv-

"Hi." I stop and turned my head to the familiar voice who came and sat beside me.

Right now, we were sitting on one of the park's bench. I furrow my eyes in confusion. It was 1 am already, what was she doing here?

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Why is it when I always see you, you ask me the same question? It's a free country Chase." She shrugs her shoulders and grins and oh the way my name rolls off her tongue. It was nice hearing it from her lips. I wasn't surprise to know that she knows my name, everybody does.

I looked at her- no wait, this time I literally looked at her. From her twinkling green eyes to her button like nose and finally her full lips which was pulled into a grin. Her skin was like milk, too white and fresh. I wanted to touch it. I notice she was wearing anything but blue pyjamas and star war's shirt which told me that she definitely didn't care how she looked. She is beautiful, I thought. Taking my gaze off her, I realised I was starring too long and didn't yet answer her question.

"Well a girl shouldn't be out this long and it's school night." I reply to her, now looking everywhere but at her. I swear one look at her and I'll be lost in those goddamn eyes.

"I could not care less about it." She sticks out her tongue like a kid. My lips once again twitched upwards but somehow I control myself.

"Aren't you afraid of me?" I finally ask her the question which was bugging me over night.

"Why would I be?"

"They all do." I simply shrug my shoulder.

"Well because they all are same." She replies and starts humming a song I know quite well. Sweater Weather.

She wasn't looking at me, instead she was gazing at stars, thinking deep. I followed her gaze and find myself doing the same. She wasn't bad, I thought and definitely not what I claimed her to be. She was innocent, too soft. Just like Matthew. People like her don't have any place in this world. This place is too cruel for them.

"You know you should smile sometime. That silly glare doesn't even look good on your face." She says breaking the ice, once again grinning. What's there to smile about when you're fucked up like me? I got mad once again. Because she smiles, doesn't mean we have to smile too. It was hard assuming that she was still the rich brat who gets everything in hand.

My jaw hardens and my fists clenched at the side.

"Don't tell me what to do." I glare at her, gritting my teeth. What was wrong with me? She was just telling you to smile bruh? She looked pretty surprise at this. Great, now she'll think I'm insane too.

Good going Chase, really.

She was just being nice and I messed up. Shaking my head at myself I stood up and walk to my bike but not before hearing her say 'Good bye' to me. I didn't know her and yet I judge her. She was good to me all this time but I mess everything. What was wrong with me? Why am I difficult even for myself?

I look back at her. She was still gazing at the stars, a small smile on her face. I debated whether I should leave her alone here, knowing that it was now 2 am or whether I should just tell her to go home. I bit my bottom lip. See, now even making the decisions were growing hard for me. I decided that I would just leave her alone but fought against it and turn back around, going back to her just like I did at the bar. I stopped in front of her and she look upwards at me. She wasn't surprise, like she already know I was going to come back. There was a victorious grin on her face. She was trying hard not to laugh and I roll my eyes.

"C'mon, go home." I say softly like I was talking to a 10 year old child. Her gaze locked up on me, it stays on my face for a while like she was searching for something but then she shook her head and sighs and slowly licked her bottom lip.

The simple action got me nervous. I'd be lying if I said it didn't turn me on because I was goddamn sure the bulge inside my pants started to dance in excitement. She wasn't even showing off her cleavage and yet my buddy wanted to fuck her already. I didn't know what was I nervous about but I tried to play it cool.

She stood up from the bench, still smiling at me. I thought she'll just walk away saying goodbye to me but her next sentence made my eyes widen and groan in a whale's voice, embarrassed at myself.

"You might want to hide that bulge, Chase. Good bye." She smirked before walking away and I watched her.

I needed a fuckin' cigarette.

____________________________________

"Chase." I heard a whisper coming from the next table. It was Literature and I been trying my hard to concentrate but keep on failing as I kept falling asleep. I looked at my right table, it was Matthew.

"What?" I half-yell at him, annoyed. I was having a good sleep goddamn. He gulped and I roll my eyes. "What do you want Matthew." This time I asked a little more polite.

"Mrs. Vera asked you something." He whispers and I turn to look at the teacher. The whole class was looking at me, waiting for me to answer what she had ask. What was her question again?

"Detention after school, Chase." She says sternly like I gave a fuck about it. I rolled my eyes. Whatever.

When it was lunch time I once again sat on my usual table. I watch as girls tried stealing glances at me. Some giving me flirty look while others swooned. Some guys were looking at me in disgust but others eyes held fear. I sigh, I am used to this.

My gaze fell on the table where the green eyed girly stood. She was once again writing something. I was sure as hell embarrassed when she noticed my boner. What would she think? I thought but then I got mad. Why do I fuckin' care what she thought? I didn't gave a shit anyway.

I shook my head and ate my lunch, once again glaring at everyone.