Chapter 25

Chapter 25

~Lexi~

"I'm walking! I'm walking! I'm walking down the street! Down the shady street! Oh yeah! I'm walking, walking! Walk, walk, walking walk!" I sang as I cheerfully skipped down the street with my suitcase.

Just because Rebecca got me kicked out of the hotel doesn't mean I shouldn't be in a good mood. I have no reason to be sucky, well actually I do but I don't want to be!

I had no idea where I was going but I was hoping for the best, maybe I'll meet a handsome stranger who will save the day by sweeping me off my feet and become my cure.

Or...

Noah's car could pull up by the curb stopping right in front of me. Well that's not exciting at all!

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Noah yelled rolling down the window. "It's going to be a blizzard tonight. You shouldn't be outside without a jacket." He scolded.

I rolled my eyes "Well what are you doing just driving around the street alone?"

Noah rose an eyebrow "I'll have you know I just came back from my grandmother's, she invited me for tea."

I rolled my eyes noticing the cheeky grin forming on his face "Nice try you liar! You didn't go over to you grandma's for tea!"

Noah sighed "Ah you got me. I'll tell you what, you come inside the car and we'll share our stories."

I smirked "Hmm I don't know I was kind of hoping for someone hot to come along." 

He glared at me "Just get in the car Lexi."

I sighed in defeat for added effect "Oh alright, if I must." 

I climbed into the car, shoving my suitcase in the back seat before Noah drove us off.

~Noah~

I smiled as Lexi climbed into the car; I don’t think I could have gotten through this car ride without her here with me. It was hard bringing back up those thoughts of Sammy; I haven’t thought about him in so long and even with the years that have passed it still hurts.

Lexi buckled herself in before she sighed in a huff “So now tell me why you were out?”

I smirked “Well Princess if you must know I had stuff to do.” I said, I wasn’t going to tell her what stuff. She didn’t need to know, it wasn’t her business.

Lexi looked and me and rolled her eyes “Well what kind of ‘stuff’?” She smiled “Was it like mowing a lawn, or milking a cow?”

I gave her a weird look “Um why would I do any of that stuff in the winter?” I chuckled when I noticed a blush form on her cheeks “Lex I don’t even live near a farm, I can’t milk a cow.”

“Well why not?” She asked confused, this girl was too innocent for her own good.

“Lexi, cows live on farms where farmers take care of them. I don’t live on a farm; I don’t even live near one. I couldn’t milk a cow, I don’t even know how and cows smell really bad.” I explained and she fiddled with her thumbs.

She nodded when I finished, meaning she understood “I get it.” I turned on the radio to some music and Lexi started nodding her head to the beat. “OH YEAH!” She yelled. She threw her hands up in the air moving to the music in her seat. Once the song finished she looked at me “What do you call this mechanical device?”