Chapter 1

Leila's POV

I'm the most excited I've ever been in my life. Today is the day i am moving to a new city, to meet new people and to explore the side of the world I've never seen before. When I think about the fact that I'm moving to LA it gives me goosebumps, I've always dreamed of leaving gloomy England to go live in some place exciting where there's lots to do. It's three am and mum, as I expected, is already yelling at me to get in the taxi.

It would've been cool to live in LA alone for a while, but I didn't want to leave mum alone in England.
It's just me and her, my dad left us when I was seven, he found someone better and just left in the middle of the night with no warning. My mum took so long to recover as she thought they were soulmates. It's made me scared of love and what it can do to people... My mum tried to commit. I was the one who found her on the kitchen floor, it didn't feel like my heart was beating and it had just fallen out my chest. That was a really hard year for the both of us but luckily we pulled through.
Heart break must run in the family I guess, as I found out last week that my boyfriend, Jamie, was cheating on me. I know it wasn't just a rumour because I walked in on him in bed with my best friend, Ana. They both meant so much to me and I've never felt so hurt in my life. It feels like someone just stabbed me in the back five hundred times. He didn't tell me if I did anything wrong. Was I clingy? Jealous? Too ugly? Not thin enough? Did he leave me just because I didn't want to have sex? I'm just not ready yet... And I'm glad we didn't go there.

Hopefully LA will be better for me, for the both of us.

Driving away from the house was very emotional, a lot happened in there that I'm happy to let go. Mum is very sensitive and I expected her to cry, so as we drove away I cuddled her tightly. Her head buried in my neck making my shirt collar damp from tears, the raindrops falling down the window set the sad mood as we both cried. Off we went to the airport.

Goodbye England.
Goodbye shithole.