Chapter 32 - Walking Down Memory Lane

Warning: This chapter contains sexual content. It is not written to offend or meant to be explicit, but rather show true affection in good taste.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. - Joseph Addison

Chapter 32 - Walking Down Memory Lane

Emily's POV:

Peyton leaps out of my arms into my mother's, "I wanna go to your house."

"Peyton, say 'hello' to your Nana before you start asking her to take you home." I admonish with a smile on my face. He is so excited to go her house to play.

"Hi, Nana, I wanna go to your house." I shake my head to keep from bursting out laughing. He's so much like his big brother.

"Well, Hi Peyton, I would love for you to go to my house." He jumps out of her arms and runs to get his suitcase. I hear him trying to pull the handle out, so he can wheel it into the living room.

Turning back to me, my mom asks, "So, what do you have planned for this evening?"

"I have no idea, this is all him. I'm just going with the flow. What time are supposed to be at your house, anyway?" Cooper has this weekend planned, and hasn't given me a clue on what going on, except for a visit to my parents' house.

"Cooper knows. He'll get you there on time. You know, this is fun keeping you in the dark." She says with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh, yeah...load of fun," I snarl and she laughs and gives me a hug. "Let me get Mason." I head downstairs to his room in the basement. This place has become kid central since it has been finished, and Michael and Cooper helped move him downstairs. My dad and Michael had made a snack bar for the kids, and main room is now a game room.

"Nana is here. She's doesn't have long, so get your things together."

"I'm ready." He picks up a duffle bag, guitar case, and mandolin.

"Playing for Papa and Nana again."

"Something like that," he says as he heads up the stairs. "Is Addy ready?"

"Cooper called just before Mom got here. You guys will be stopping by to pick her up." Mason nods and I turn to my mom. "Here are the keys to the suburban. Are you picking up Chandler this time, too? Or is Foster bringing her later?"

"We're getting her now, along with Holden and Elliot. CJ and Keira are coming early and bringing Evan up with them." I kiss her cheek and she leaves with my sons.

This is my pre-birthday getaway, which is what Cooper called this trip. My bag is out on my bed not quite filled. Not knowing exactly what the plans are makes it difficult to know what to pack. I've got a few different outfits out on my bed; waiting for Cooper to tell me which ones will work. "We're alone," Cooper says as he opens the door to my room and scoops me into his arms and kisses me. "Are you almost ready to go?"

"No," I make a face at him. "Someone won't tell me where we are going, and I'm not sure what to pack."

"Are these the choices?" I nod. He picks three outfits quickly, and then went to my closet for a fourth. "Now you're all set." He smiles knowing he didn't help me figure this out at all. I have shorts, capris, a skirt, and dress...and I still have no idea what he has planned.