Chapter 31 - Thinking About It

There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps. - Ronald Reagan

Chapter 31 - Thinking About It

Emily's POV:

"I'm sorry it doesn't look like you have an appointment, and he is a very busy man." CJ's very rude, snippy secretary said looking me up and down with distain. I follow her gaze and look over me, too. Bright, mint green, sleeveless blouse with a drape neck and white trouser capris with white strappy 2-inch sandals, I may not look I like most people that come here, but I don't look bad. My clothes cling to me, but don't make me look too thin. In fact today, I feel happy, and I think my outfit fits my mood.

"I understand. If you could let him know I'm here, I'll wait. Thank you." I don't care for rude people, but I will not sink to there level. Grandma once told me, that rudeness is just one's way of announcing they lack manners, so, make sure you show them yours.... plus it usually pisses them off. Finding a seat in the waiting area, I laugh remembering her words.

CJ is an investment banker, he and I are looking over my investments and making changes to a few things, so I can work part time for the next few years. I take a seat in the waiting area and busy myself with my e-reader, passing the time until I am called back, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched. I wish I could get out of this room.

Me: I've been here for a while. How much longer 'til you're ready for me?

I send CJ a text hoping this will let him know I'm waiting, since I'm not sure his secretary even let him know I was here. The commotion from the hall gets my attention. "Don't ever keep my clients waiting, and definitely not her. If she comes to see me, put her straight through, and let her sit in my office, you may even have to clear my schedule." His voice booms into the room.

"Hey there Sweets," I stand as I'm greeted. CJ picks me up in his bear hug, and gives me a small spin. He looks over at my face as we walk together out of the room down to his office. "You look happy, beautiful as always, but very, very happy."

A person clears their throat, and CJ and I turn to see a very annoyed secretary, "Mr. Daniels, this person," she looks at me, "doesn't have an appointment. Do you want me to schedule one for her?"

"She's on my personal calendar, and Lori, this will take a while so you can call it a day." If looks could kill, Lori would already be arrested for murder.

CJ wraps his arms around me, and we walk to his office. I had to ask, "Is your secretary always so pleasant?"

"I've been having trouble working with her. She's on loan while regular secretary is on vacation, and I'm about ready for Anna to come back. I'm not happy with the way she just treated my favorite sister."

"Favorite sister? How about only sister." I look at him like he is crazy.

"That's what guarantees you favorite status."

As he shuts the door to his office, "I'm guessing Cooper has something to do with the look on your face? Really, you look great."

"Oh, yes. He has a lot to do with it." I beam and blush at the same time.

"He's a lucky man." I blush more, and change the subject.

"Before we get started, can you tell me why your secretary said I didn't have an appointment?" I glare at him, but I couldn't keep it long before I had to laugh.

"I have you on my personal calendar. I can clear more time than if this was just business, and since we have to work with the trust, it may take a while." CJ and I spent the next hour going through my investments, establishing a new budget on my part time salary, and signing more paperwork than I had expected.