Kobayashi Maru Scenario

To boldly go  where no man  has gone before........  thus begins the mission statement of Star Trek.  I'm not a trekkie but I do like the series and the movies.  I especially like Star Trek 2; Wrath of Khan.  A buddy and I can quote it alost word for word lol      we like to do that at times to annoy everyone esle  around us.   Imagine that eh???     

Captain Kirk is asked how he  rose to his position and Spock informs the questioner that Kirk is the only  one to have ever  beat the Kobayashi Maru Scenario- a no-win  scenario.  The way he won- he cheated.   One of my favorite lines in the movies  follows  this revelation. Kirk says, * I don't like to lose!!!!*    Kirk  is suddenly forced to face  another    possible    o win scenario when an old enemy- Khan - catches him off-guard and almost destroys the Starship Enterprise.  Kirk  is forced to come to grips with facing death. 

I always seek  inside myself to beat death.  There have been a few close calls  I experienced- boh invlving my head. One time   a huge  wooden plank  fell and knocked me   down after hitting  me on the side of the head.  I  went to the hospital  and the Dr told me if i had been hit just mere  millimeters from  the spot I did, i would have been  kiled.    I was sitting on a lifeguard chair   by the pol at a summer camp once, and was dared to dive in. I took the dare- and  before i knew it my forehead smashed into the bottom of the  pool. Luckily I came right up, bleeding  and with a  concussion. But, I easily could have broken my neck or worse.      Crazy.

Death is the one thing nobody  wants t   talk about,think about or even acknowledge.  Ever since my  father died, as i have  shared before,  it has been like a shadow, always  looming in the   background.  Most of us   live life  without dwelng   about death.  I wish i could say I was ne of those. Sometimes I have   wanted to have a   ightning bolt strike me and remoe the  thoughts of death from  me like  magic. At least I  have stil    gone on living even with this  dread inside. I know there are   some people  who     never leave their house  or go anywhere  because they are trapped like quicksand in their fear.  Knock on wood I haven't suffered  to that  extent. 

Sharing  in  an open  way like this is  a   form of therapy for me. Hopefully it   works  that way for all you readers if possible.   Death is NOT the end, thanks to Jesus. It is just   something     I would rather never experience     or  anyone  realy.   Too bad the Kobayashi Maru Scenario is just  a movie plot. Hope to hear any  thoughts   anyone has.   :)