Skin Deep or Soul Deep

You look hot....... You are hot. Notice the subtle dfference in those   sentences???  First  one   focuses on   looks/physical appearance,second one focuses on the whole person. Ever since Adam first saw Eve and went wowwwwwwwwwwwww     people have been  extremely  focused on physical  appearance.  Now don't  get me wrong here.  We all want to   look good, and   have others look good.  Attraction is a  fickle thing though.  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder is a cliche because it  can be oh so true.

What one person finds attractive or apealing may not be so to another. Although  our  media,   magazines,movies,tv shows,art and fashion seek to conform us all into a very narrow view of what  attraction and   hotness is.   Marilyn Monroe?? She would  be considered fat  in todays  world!!!   Crazy isn't it?? 

Suppose your  loved one   was in a fire and   burned over   half of their body    leaving a scarred face and  other parts?? Would  you love them less??   If they had a stroke or something happen that caused their looks to be  distorted  would you tur away??    Tough things to think about and consider. 

In seeking to be a  psychologist  I hear so many stories from professors, many who happen to be psychologists themselves,  talking about  people who   experience such torture and suffering  inside because they  have been told their physical appearance is  ugly,bad or something else that equatesto rejection. My heart breaks for  them, girs AND boys both. Christina Aguileras song  Beautiful   stands as a shining light to fight against this pain.  Skin fades, souls   expand. 

What do you want to be cared about    for most??  Skin     or  Soul???