Chapter 23

(Jessica's POV)

Today is a typical day at school honestly. I received dirty looks from Zonnique and her sluts as Devin walked with me down the hall. But do I give a fuck? HELL NAWL! That bitch still look busted from Friday. She had a busted lip and a band aid over her partially makeup-covered black eye. I flipped them off and kept walking towards my computer class. I was telling Devin about the music program I was creating in class, but he seemed...distant. He just nodded his head or said "hmm" or "oh cool". Ever since we went over to Jasmine's house on Saturday night, he's been acting funny. Is he even listening to me?

Me: yeah and I got aids yesterday sorry.

Devin: oh cool.

Me: Devin! That's how I know you're not even listening to me...

Devin: huh? Oh I am listening to you baby.

Me: what'd I say then?

Devin: you said I wasn't listening to you.

Me: before that.

Devin: uhh Goodmorning?

Me: really? I said that when I picked you up this morning. Glad to know you're listening. And now you're not even looking at me! Fuck it.

I walked away leaving him standing there. I looked back at him to see him still staring at whatever he was looking at. I followed the direction of his eyes and noticed he was staring at Zonnique. What the hell. He lives with her! The fuck he staring at her for? When their eyes made contact she looked down. I just rolled my eyes and continued on to my computer class. This is my favorite class of the day. In this class we basically get to create whatever we want on the computer, whether it be a computer game, website, or a program. We started school a couple days ago but I've been working on my music program over the weekend. I probably won't finish until prom because I want it to be elaborate, but my teacher said that was fine. Jawan sits next to me and has been working on some type of 3D blueprint thing. It looks kinda cool but I wanna know what it's for. It looks like a map of a huge building but I don't know. Off to the side he has some type of list. It looks like a list of directions. Number 1 says "purchase or make sedatives ." What the hell does he need sedatives for? Noticing I was reading his list, he turned his monitor and gave me a suspicious look. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for him.

[sedatives: sleep inducing drugs]

(Amilah's POV)

The bell just rang for everyone to go to their second period classes and I was walking to my class. By myself. I haven't talked to Craig since yesterday, but I feel kind of bad now. Although he pissed me off and indirectly caused a lot of drama yesterday, when Ray called me a slut he still stood up for me, even though he was mad. I saw him this morning and he just looked at me. He looked like he wanted to say something, but I guess he changed his mind. I kept walking down the hall to see Ramsey, Reginae, Ray, Gabby, Zonnique, Bahja, Jawan and Jaden laughing hysterically at something. As I walked past them, they stopped laughing and gave me dirty looks. If looks could kill, I'd probably be six feet under right now...and I probably wouldn't care if Jawan wasn't staring at me like the last supper. He creeps me out. I put my head down, held on to my books and walked faster. Weird right? Wrong. I've always acted like this towards people I don't know. I thought I would grow out of it but I'm still pretty shy. Not around my friends of course, but yeah...I continued on to my chemistry class. Today we're going to do a basic experiment just to refresh everyone's memory of the lab equipment and whatnot. I'm excited because I love science! I need to go to the bathroom though. I went to the bathroom and walked into my Chem class. As I walked to my seat I noticed Mr. Todd had already assigned partners, and my partner was there. I sat down next to them and quietly introduced myself. They were turned around and bent over so I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl because of their lab coat, but I still said hi. When they turned around I saw that it was none other than Jawan. Great. He smiled at me and nodded his head as to say "what up". Don't get me wrong, he's pretty attractive for a nerdy jock, which is something that is rare nowadays, but ever since Saturday night, I've been extremely creeped out by him. Also, Craig doesn't want me sitting next to him any more than I do, so I raised my hand.