Chapter 24

If you've never seen her, Maia on the side >>>>> aka @rachymarieeee on IG 

(Maia's POV) 

This school week has gone by pretty quickly. Hopefully it'll continue to feel that way, but I've heard how real senioritis is so I doubt it will. Everyone just got called to the gym for an assembly. Jacob texted me and asked me to sit by him, so I found him and sat down. He was so busy texting in his phone that he didn't even realize that I was next to him. I leaned over and saw him texting "Nicole". Who tf is Nicole? 

Me: who's Nicole? 

Jacob: huh? *puts phone away* oh that's my cousin. She wants to meet up on saturday night.  

Me: oh cool. So I can finally meet one of your family mem- 

Jacob: NO! I- uh I mean she uh...she doesn't speak English...she only speaks Spanish... 

Me: oh..um..ok... 

Jacob: yeah...so how was dance class? 

Me: it's fun. The teacher's cool and so are the students. We're starting off with ballet so I have to find my pointe shoes asap.  

Jacob: oh awesome. I should take you out dancing some day. :) 

Maia: yeah that'd be fun :) 

Principal Lee: attention students! Hello everyone, my name is Principal Lee.  

Random student: DAYUM SHE THICK! 

Principal Lee: Demarcus don't make me call your father! anyway, I hope your first week at Crenshaw high has been good! We look forward to this school year and hope your learning experience is acceptable. Today, as most of you know, we are here to address our upcoming plans for our annual homecoming festivities. Here at Crenshaw, for homecoming week we have dress up days, pep rallies, teacher competitions, and a parade! Last but not least, we have the homecoming dance. This year's theme is called 'Night Life'. In whichever venue the event will be held, there will be black lights. Basically were having a neon homecoming.  

Students: AWWW SHIT! Hell yeah! Woo hoo! DAYUM SHE THICK! 

Principal: DEMARCUS! I'm not telling you again! 

Demarcus: sorry P. Lee... 

Principal: anyway, as I was saying, the homecoming venue is undecided, but you can help us choose or suggest a place by coming down to our homecoming committee sign up table over to my left. If you don't want to sign up, you are dismissed. Have a good day students.  

Excited about my last homecoming, I decided to join the committee. I turned to Jacob only to see that he was texting again. I rolled my eyes and walked away without telling him I was leaving. I'm ready to see who this bitch is forreal cause first he said it was his mom, and now it's his cousin. I'm trying my best to act like I don't know about any of this, but it's eating me alive. It must've been showing on my face because Jasmine, Amilah, Alayah, Jessica and Breauna walked up to me asking if I was okay.  

Jasmine: *waves hand* helloo? Earth to Maia 

Me: huh? 

Bree: you okay? 

Alayah: *laughing* you look constipated! 

Me: I'm fine y'all. I see y'all had the same thought I did. 

Jessica: yeah it's senior year so...why not right? 

Amilah: yeah...y'all see how smiley she is this morning? 

Me: Alayah? 

Amilah: yeah! This is NO anti depressants people! What is going on with the world?